Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font ID from Crappy Original

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Bigdawg, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    This is literally all I have....
    I think the Restaurante is a font that has been around a LONG while - I seem to remember it from the early 90's. Scary but I think it was on my Macintosh SE... remember those??? Hoping someone else can help me identify it from the letters you can kind of make out.... Just went through fonts at myfonts.com and didn't see it.
    Also - any suggestions on what to use that would be similiar for the main line type? I believe the closest I can come is to use Nueva but my eyes are starting cross from staring at this screen for so long today...
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Tiki

Tiki Font Sage

May 28, 2003
    Orange County Ca
    El Nuevo Atlacatl looks like the font (Elbjorg) :smile:

3. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    That is, without a doubt, the worst quality copy I have ever seen from a customer.
    Have you tried www.whatthefont.com ( division/diversion at myfonts.com)
    I've had success there in identifying fonts.
    That is to say, some very knowledgeable people helped me identify fonts there.
    Good Luck!
    Ken

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  4. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    This isn't the worst I have gotten. My biggest problem is communication with this customer. I am the only one here at the shop that can even come close to understanding him - he speaks very little English ... luckily he's not too picky!!!

Thanks Tiki - now if I can just nail that other font. It is bugging the heck out of me since I KNOW I should know it...

5. Geary

Geary Very Active Member

6. BlueFishDesigns

BlueFishDesigns Very Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    I think the bottom one might be "Matura MT Script"...

7. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!!! It is Matura but I couldn't remember the name of it for anything. Much appreciated!!

8. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    One good thing is it won't matter if you are bang on...anything close should be just fine!

P