• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font ID Help - Close to Helvetica Ultra Compressed, but not quite.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I'm trying to figure out what typeface was used in the attached sample. At first glance it looks like Helvetica Ultra Compressed, but artificially squeezed a little more. But the "B" is different in the upper area and there's all sorts of other differences. Compacta looked slightly similar. MyFonts' What The Font tool is doing no good with this. The typeface looks familiar, but I can't figure it out.

Attachments

• Black-LetteringSample.png
    Black-LetteringSample.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 227

maconart

maconart
I'm trying to figure out what typeface was used in the attached sample. At first glance it looks like Helvetica Ultra Compressed, but artificially squeezed a little more. But the "B" is different in the upper area and there's all sorts of other differences. Compacta looked slightly similar. MyFonts' What The Font tool is doing no good with this. The typeface looks familiar, but I can't figure it out.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Fred Weiss said:
If it isn't Helvetica Ultra Compressed, then perhaps it's Swiss911 UCm BT.

Swiss 911 is almost a carbon copy of Helvetica Ultra Compressed (very slight differences). The capital "B" doesn't line up with features of the "B' in the sample lettering, even when distorted to the proportions of the letter.

maconart said:

Not even close.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
TechnoLett said:
Helvetica Ultra Compressed!

Like I said in the original post, Helvetica Ultra Compressed is close, but not quite it. If you line up that typeface over the sample lettering you'll see various features in the lettering not lining up.

I've looked at a bunch of other typefaces, including all through Adobe Fonts' collection. Dharma Gothic had some similarities. It, like the sample image, seems like a cross of Compacta and Helvetica Ultra Compressed.

I may just punt and modify Helvetica Ultra Compressed to fit the sample letter forms.