Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font ID help please

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Jackpine, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Can any one help with this? I have found many close but the serifs are stumping me. Thanks

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    Looks like Palatino Bold that has been bolded further (the serifs look artificially rounded - a result of some outline functions). And condensed a bit.

3. Dave Drane

Dave Drane Very Active Member

Sep 24, 2003
    I thought that too Eric, but the centre cross stroke on the "E" lacks a serif and the "R" actually touches.

4. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    Maybe it is one of those "Palatino" knockoffs. I see what you are saying about the E, but the R does have a slight space probably closed up from outlining it. Every other detail of the font says Palatino

5. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Thanks Eric and Dave for the help. I just needed a little help pinning it down. Palatino Bold is on my list. I'll work it up with outlines and the font was compressed.