• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font ID Please

Signs4Realtors

Can someone please help identify the "WM" in the background of the attached logo along with "THE MARTINEZ GROUP" text. The W is the same font as in Wendy's name.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Attachments

• BrokerLogo.jpeg
    BrokerLogo.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 275
  • OHSignSample.JPG
    OHSignSample.JPG
    385.5 KB · Views: 223

Signs4Realtors

Both of those fonts are great for the W and for THE MARTINEZ GROUP, but what is the M font in the WM logo? It is a slightly different font than Edwardian Script? Thanks in advance for your help!

Signs4Realtors

unclebun

The M in the logo looks like Kunstler (or Kuenstler) Script that has been stretched a little wider and stroked to make it match the W.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It would depend on what software you are using. I would check in the Character Map Utility under Windows Accessories to see if it shows up there. If it does then you will also be able to get the alternate code to input through your keyboard numeric pad. Here's a pic of the character in the font.

glyph.jpg

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Fred Weiss said:
Both the M and the W are alternate characters in the font. Check the Glyphs page and you will see them.

The "M" in the "WM" part of the BrokerLogo.jpeg image is definitely not in any version of ITC Edwardian Script. It's not one of the alternatives of the "pro" OpenType version. That particular "M" was indeed grabbed from a variant of Kunstler Script. The funny thing is there are multiple flavors of it from different foundries. For instance Linotype's Kunstler Script Std has a different looking "M". Kunstler Script Two has an "M" that is a match.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The "M" in the "WM" part of the BrokerLogo.jpeg image is definitely not in any version of ITC Edwardian Script. It's not one of the alternatives of the "pro" OpenType version. That particular "M" was indeed grabbed from a variant of Kunstler Script. The funny thing is there are multiple flavors of it from different foundries. For instance Linotype's Kunstler Script Std has a different looking "M". Kunstler Script Two has an "M" that is a match.

It is glyph [HASHTAG]#469[/HASHTAG] from the ITC Edwardian Script font sold at MyFonts.com. Here's a link to the display page:

https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/itc/edwardian-script/pro-regular/glyphs.html?render=old

Details of the actual glyph are shown HERE.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I'm still not seeing that "M" in the BrokerLogo.jpeg file in the ITC Edwardian Script Pro glyph table. I've scanned through all 600+ glyphs on that page and only see two capital "M" characters. I attached a screen shot of that part of the table. I also attached a comparison of the "M" glyphs in the two typefaces. That "M" in the Kuenstler sample is not in the Edwardian Script typeface.

Attachments

• EdwardianScriptSample-TwoMGlyphs.png
    EdwardianScriptSample-TwoMGlyphs.png
    26 KB · Views: 273
  • Edwardian-and-Kuenstler-Sample.png
    Edwardian-and-Kuenstler-Sample.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 312

Signs4Realtors

Thanks for all of your input! The Kunstler M is close enough for what I need to re-create a broker's logo for their sign. I appreciate all of the input and help!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm still not seeing that "M" in the BrokerLogo.jpeg file in the ITC Edwardian Script Pro glyph table. I've scanned through all 600+ glyphs on that page and only see two capital "M" characters. I attached a screen shot of that part of the table. I also attached a comparison of the "M" glyphs in the two typefaces. That "M" in the Kuenstler sample is not in the Edwardian Script typeface.

Sorry for the confusion. I have been basing my comments on the "M" in Martinez ... not the "M" in the broker's logo itself. I just noticed that they are different.