Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

font id please

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by JJ, Jun 2, 2007.

1. JJ

JJ Member

May 27, 2006
    Can anyone ID this font please? The closest I could find was "Alexa", but the letters seem too thin, and the O is open at the top.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
  3. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    I thought so too for a minute, however its actually ITC Korinna Kursiv Heavy.

4. mtmdesigns

mtmdesigns Active Member

Jun 23, 2006
    may i ask how u guys/gals figure out these fonts... do u have a font preview program? Or just experience... Because i just cant figure them all out... just thought i'd ask.

5. SignosaurusRex

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Truth is, at least speaking for myself, I use a combination of my font management programs (with preview), a collection of font catalogs I have built over the years, sometimes font foundry web sites and catalogs and 35+ years of working with type styles or fonts as they have come to be called. My experience began with "Hot lead", "Photo-type", "Press type", hand layout of letter styles for hand lettering and finally to the good ol' computer.:wink: It also helps to own a "massive" library of fonts.

6. mtmdesigns

mtmdesigns Active Member

Jun 23, 2006

thank you for sharing...

7. JJ

JJ Member

May 27, 2006
    No kidding...
    Yesterday I found a site (it may have been fonts.com) that has a find-fonts-by-sight feature. They hit you with a bunch of questions, and it's supposed to return what you want. Unfortunately it didn't work for me this time.

Thanks for your help everyone!:U Rock:

8. SignosaurusRex

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    That feature can be helpful at times for some, however I very seldom use it.