• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

font id please

JJ

Can anyone ID this font please? The closest I could find was "Alexa", but the letters seem too thin, and the O is open at the top.

Attachments

• ocfont.JPG
    ocfont.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 203

mtmdesigns

may i ask how u guys/gals figure out these fonts... do u have a font preview program? Or just experience... Because i just cant figure them all out... just thought i'd ask.

SignosaurusRex

Truth is, at least speaking for myself, I use a combination of my font management programs (with preview), a collection of font catalogs I have built over the years, sometimes font foundry web sites and catalogs and 35+ years of working with type styles or fonts as they have come to be called. My experience began with "Hot lead", "Photo-type", "Press type", hand layout of letter styles for hand lettering and finally to the good ol' computer.:wink: It also helps to own a "massive" library of fonts.

mtmdesigns

Truth is, at least speaking for myself, I use a combination of my font management programs (with preview), a collection of font catalogs I have built over the years, sometimes font foundry web sites and catalogs and 35+ years of working with type styles or fonts as they have come to be called. My experience began with "Hot lead", "Photo-type", "Press type", hand layout of letter styles for hand lettering and finally to the good ol' computer.:wink: It also helps to own a "massive" library of fonts.

thank you for sharing...

JJ

may i ask how u guys/gals figure out these fonts... do u have a font preview program? Or just experience... Because i just cant figure them all out... just thought i'd ask.

No kidding...
Yesterday I found a site (it may have been fonts.com) that has a find-fonts-by-sight feature. They hit you with a bunch of questions, and it's supposed to return what you want. Unfortunately it didn't work for me this time.

Thanks for your help everyone!:U Rock: