• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font ID Programs

Steve Prince

Years ago I remember messing around with a program called Font Detective. You scan a letter and it supposedly tracks it down for you within your own fonts (or whatever you have that is close). I didn't do much with it then, but think I still have the software.

Does anyone use it or is there a program anyone suggests for font ID.

Thanks, Steve

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You will find lots of discussion of font identification programs in the results of this search.

The two primary programs used these days are FontExpert and Imagaro Z. Each has its own set of pros and cons. Both work immensely better if you have a good knowledge of fonts and typography in general and a good sized library of fonts to add to the libraries they cover in their databases.

I personally think Signs 101 does as good or better a job of font IDs than WhattheFont.com.

JR's

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (I prefer to use Shovelhead Version 1.2 )

I just got Shovelhead Pro 2.0

JR

signage

Just got signs 101 pro version expert (Fred, Shovelhead & Tikiboy)! Can't be beat even great on the obscure fonts!

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I vote Tiki as the expert at obscure fonts. I can get alot of them and have to all day long, but Tiki finds those oddball ones with ease