• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Font ID

Southpaw1

Any ideas which font this is?
Screenshot_20181008-081600_Message+.jpg

shoresigns

Far as I can tell, it's an ornamental drop cap from the late 19th century, and most books I've seen it in were printed in London. What do you need it for? Which letter(s) do you need? I might be able to find a name or a high-res scan of it in some old books I have.

Southpaw1

A logo that I'll need to reproduce in Cut vinyl. UGHH!!After about 10 and a half hours I have almost got it redrawn. If you've got the W I could still use it .
64996.jpeg

Far as I can tell, it's an ornamental drop cap from the late 19th century, and most books I've seen it in were printed in London. What do you need it for? Which letter(s) do you need? I might be able to find a name or a high-res scan of it in some old books I have.

IDB Signs

Maybe next time before spending 10.5 hours, I would definitely look into vectorization services like the Vector Doctor on here... Has to be way cheaper than labor on an entire day.. haha.

Southpaw1

Maybe next time before spending 10.5 hours, I would definitely look into vectorization services like the Vector Doctor on here... Has to be way cheaper than labor on an entire day.. haha.
I'll sure do that. Wasn't aware of him.
I did tell the client that redrawing would be expensive. I've worked for them before they agreed to pay for it. Sometimes even though they agree spending the time is also an issue.
" if I had to choose between productive, and the alternative I'll pick productive every time"

shoresigns

A logo that I'll need to reproduce in Cut vinyl. UGHH!!After about 10 and a half hours I have almost got it redrawn. If you've got the W I could still use it.

I doubt you'll find a cleaned up vector font of this, but here's a high-res image to help with your tracing.

Attachments

• 63741_w_floral.png
    63741_w_floral.png
    365.6 KB · Views: 226

Southpaw1

Thanks so much! Its redrawn and they love it. I added more cuts where the filigree broke up the W because they requested it. I'll post photos of the completed work.