Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font ID?

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by idsign, Sep 16, 2004.

1. idsign

idsign Member

Apr 11, 2003
    I won't say this is the first time I have been stumped in oh so many years but I am going to bet this font is from Adobe Portfolio. It looks like a top line font from Adobe, ITC, Agfa, Lino - not a free knockoff.

Anyone care to identify? Thanks for help in advance.

I traced it, recreated it in VMP and delivered it. But I sure would like to know font name if I ever have to deliver more stuff to customer.

Barry

Attached Files:

• 3.bmp
      File size:
      668 KB
      Views:
    Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    It's Leawood medium but expanded about 15%.

Attached Files:

3. idsign

idsign Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Fred,

All hail Fred! Man you know your type!

The egg is on my face. I thought I had run VMP Font Detective properly.
    I loaded up the bitmap of the "3" a second time and let it run and it found the font you told me to look for - LEAWOOD - and um...it is distorted...WOW...you are the man!

I just had to make sure all the VMP fonts were accessible on the hard drive. Now I am assuming one thing, that Leawood came with VMP because I cannot find it by name in the font folders. But FD returned Leawood as the correct font. It asked me if I wanted to USE IT or INSTALL IT and with a click of a button, it was done!

Thanks Fred. I am now a dedicated convert to font finding software. All I needed was a good scan / sample in .bmp format. Your help in educating us invaluable! And this is a nice face that I can put to good use for other customers, too.

Barry

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I live for your praise.

FYI, I didn't get a find in FontExpert until I ran a transform in Photoshop condensing it to 90% of the width of your sample.