• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font ID

nitro2010

Randy
Does anyone know what font this is? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1690995806926.png

Thanks
Randy

unclebun

Please don't do the license number in a script font. If you read the state law on the regulations for number, you will see it is not acceptable.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
That will work. I am just trying to find something close for the boat numbers. I really appreciate it.

Thanks
Randy
Here are the numerals from Scarlet Script. Maybe give them a little more weight, and you should be good.

JB

20230802180252.jpg

unclebun

This is verbatim from Missouri's regulation. Every state has a similar requirement:
The registration numbers shall read from left to right, and shall be in block characters of good proportions, not less than 3 inches in height.
Though the numbers have good form, they are not of sufficient stroke, and the capital letters will not be satisfactory.

The skill of being a signmaker is in finding a font with similar character that meets the legal requirements. You need to find a similar brush letter that is a "print" style rather than script style, and done with a thicker stroke.