Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font Id

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by seaviewsigns, Jun 23, 2005.

1. seaviewsigns

seaviewsigns Member

Dec 7, 2004
    this font is called Harrington... a customer found it in Word and faxed it over. i don't have it in my system and am wondering if there's another name or if there's something similar that i might have. (it's obviously not kerned, etc) it's for a boat transom, one shot deal so i kinda don't want to buy it if i have something close already.

thanks a bunch,
    cory

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Grady

Grady Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Parisian Is The Font

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    The font is definitely not Parisian. The font definitely is Harrington.

Harrington was originally released by the Font Bureau but is not among their current offerings. The copy I have came with something or other from Microsoft and shows both The Font Bureau and Microsoft claiming copyrights as of 1992.

Harrington is available on several free download sites such as THIS ONE.

4. seaviewsigns

seaviewsigns Member

Dec 7, 2004
    PERFECT!!! thanks guys.

cory

5. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    say now......that's a good site Fred......thanks! you are such a helpful moderator

6. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Actually it was simply the first one that came up on Google. But looking at the content, more than 18,000 fonts, and the names including foundry initials, I would suspect that they won't be up for very long. There is little doubt in my mind that what they're doing is violating a lot of copyrights.

7. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Site has been around for a long time - but recently (in the last month) they removed the "download" button on a whole lot of the fonts they have listed so I would say their time probably is limited!

-Stacy