Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font ID

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by tiredcreations, May 13, 2011.

1. tiredcreations

tiredcreations Member

Dec 3, 2008
    IL
    Please and Thank you!

Copy of viewer.png

Tags:
  2. ionsigns

ionsigns Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Bash me...IMHO these font ID issues usually arise when the font is a crap bastardized font originating from some untrained hack.

Quality designers use quality fonts with names that are well recognized from quality font collections.

Crap fonts are bastardized from quality professional type foundry fonts and given away online.

3. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    wrong. 80% of fonts IDed here are from well known foundries...the people asking for them just cant find them on their respective systems.

4. Sign Girl Wendy

Sign Girl Wendy New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Marietta, GA
    I always go to www.whatthefont.com to identify fonts. You upload an image and it will automatically try to identify the letters (you have the option of telling it what letter it is as well) and if nothing comes up or their suggestions are wrong you can click to go to the forum and post it there. I've posted to the forum lots of times and always get a reply back in an hour or so they're very good.

5. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    whatfontis.com has better results FYI