Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font Identification Assistance

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Ogriv, May 23, 2006.

1. Ogriv

Ogriv Member

Dec 21, 2004
    Have not seen this one before.

BTW: Is there a web site that would help me to id fonts?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. 2NinerNiner2

2NinerNiner2 Very Active Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Calgary, AB
  3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    The font is from the Serials Type Collection and is named Sigvar HI (Heavy Italic). You can see it and purchase it HERE.

And I guarantee you What the Font would not have ID'd that one.

4. Ogriv

Ogriv Member

Dec 21, 2004
    Thanks Fred, Much appreciated!

5. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
  6. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Just an update on my previous post, Ordway left a message saying they can no longer get the serials font collection CD. I still see it available on the website, but wanted to clarrify for future readers of this thread.

Fred provided a website above where it can be purchased.

George

7. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    You might want to check with Smart Designs (Digital Art Solutions). They took over the US distribution of FontExpert from my company which is published by the same German company that distributes Serials. The last upgrade to FontExpert was bundled with the Serials Type Collection. They may have some still available or offer it separately.

In honesty, I frankly don't recommend the collection. The technicals of it leave much to be desired. The collection has been floating around for somewhere in the ten to fifteen year range. It was developed by a guy named Brendal and he had a rather strange approach:
    What you end up with is Helvetica Kinda Medium and Futura Sorta Bold. You get the idea. They are almost useless for recreating anything anyone brings you and the quality is so dismal, you won't be pleased. If you're looking for a good quality core collection, buy CorelDRAW and take advantage of the approximate 1,000 good fonts that are bundled with that application.

8. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Thanks, that's good to know. I do have Corel 9 and X3. With all the fonts I have, I still can't seem to get enough. I'd love to take a run at the Letterheads Collection Doug was talking about.

George