• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Identification Assistance

Ogriv

Have not seen this one before.

BTW: Is there a web site that would help me to id fonts?

Attachments

• IMG_2703.JPG
    IMG_2703.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 134

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The font is from the Serials Type Collection and is named Sigvar HI (Heavy Italic). You can see it and purchase it HERE.

And I guarantee you What the Font would not have ID'd that one.

geb

Just an update on my previous post, Ordway left a message saying they can no longer get the serials font collection CD. I still see it available on the website, but wanted to clarrify for future readers of this thread.

Fred provided a website above where it can be purchased.

George

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You might want to check with Smart Designs (Digital Art Solutions). They took over the US distribution of FontExpert from my company which is published by the same German company that distributes Serials. The last upgrade to FontExpert was bundled with the Serials Type Collection. They may have some still available or offer it separately.

In honesty, I frankly don't recommend the collection. The technicals of it leave much to be desired. The collection has been floating around for somewhere in the ten to fifteen year range. It was developed by a guy named Brendal and he had a rather strange approach:
Let's take a popular font and recreate it (clone it) at seven different weights ... none of which match the existing popular versions.
What you end up with is Helvetica Kinda Medium and Futura Sorta Bold. You get the idea. They are almost useless for recreating anything anyone brings you and the quality is so dismal, you won't be pleased. If you're looking for a good quality core collection, buy CorelDRAW and take advantage of the approximate 1,000 good fonts that are bundled with that application.

geb

Thanks, that's good to know. I do have Corel 9 and X3. With all the fonts I have, I still can't seem to get enough. I'd love to take a run at the Letterheads Collection Doug was talking about.

George