Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font Identification Assistance

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Ogriv, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Ogriv

Ogriv Member

Dec 21, 2004
    I have not used this font before, so while I'm digging through all of my fonts, I thought I might post a sample here and perhaps somebody who knows the name of this font could save me some time.

Thanks

P.S. I told you red on black was popular in my neck of the woods. Everybody wants red on black. I think I'll make a little display that shows other color combinations compared to the red/black combo on the same board. Perhaps the customers would then realize that there is a better combination of colors for distant viewing. As I learned here on Signs101, Red on black is OK for small up close viewing, but it is taboo for distant viewing.

Attached Files:

• Font.jpg
      Font.jpg
      File size:
      107.7 KB
      Views:
    Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    The font is ITC Souvenir ... probably the Medium weight.

3. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ

Samples can help get the point across-or give them the squint test on the monitor.
    Red & black copy can work fine together on a sign but red over black can make it all go bad...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  4. Ogriv

Ogriv Member

Dec 21, 2004
    Thanks Guys!