• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Identification

captainron19

Any idea on this font - having no luck on my own

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 148

captainron19

Thanks Fred that was definitely the closest I have seen - gonna get it now - on another note - can you recommend the best method for obtaining the effext on the text as pictured above? I am trying to match up for a customer's additional ambulance. Using Flexi Pr should I set an outline on the text first then apply a drop shadow?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
captainron19 said:
Thanks Fred that was definitely the closest I have seen - gonna get it now - on another note - can you recommend the best method for obtaining the effext on the text as pictured above? I am trying to match up for a customer's additional ambulance. Using Flexi Pr should I set an outline on the text first then apply a drop shadow?

Yes that's about right Ron. Just be sure to condense the text to match the text in the example first or you will distort the outlines and shadows.

captainron19

OK will do - any trick once done? I created an outline of text (evenly around all letters) then proceeded to do a drop shadow left but it appeared to have multiple cut lines in the shadowing - I thought I might need to weld the outline and drop shadow but that did not appear to work.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It sounds like you're including the text. Make just one shadow to the dimensions needed with only the outline selected. When done, delete the outline.

1. Set text and condense to match sample.
2. Select text and outline it.
3. Select just the outline and shadow it.
4. Delete the outline leaving just the text and outline/shadow.

captainron19

Thanks Fred - those steps slipped my mind. Another question. If you look at my export attached, the inside of the "A" is fille din completely. In the photo of the original lettering the "A" is not filled in all the way. How can I accomplish this?

Attachments

• roosevelt 7 inch.jpg
    roosevelt 7 inch.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 87
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 91

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Correct way= don't fill it in. The shade isn't that large so it creates a hot spot without it.

Just delete the 3 control points in the small triangle to get rid of it if you have to.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Ok. Uncompound your AID part of the shade, delete the small triangle, then compoud all the shade pieces.