Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font ID's - help yourself

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by 10sacer, Jan 21, 2011.

1. 10sacer

10sacer Active Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Concord, NC
    I am going to try not to be a smarta$$ based on the length of the post about "Attitudes around here" - but it befuddles me how folks that are supposed to be designers can't identify some pretty common fonts - so I am suggesting that everyone buy the Precision Type Font Reference book.

I have two copies - one for home and one for work and I would say 95% of every font that someone asks about is readily shown in the book. If I am really lost in a font - it takes me 10 minutes to look through every page. If its not there - THEN I ask around.

That being said - I started in this crazy business when there were 7 fonts total for a computer.

Tags:
  2. mikey-Oh

mikey-Oh Very Active Member

Apr 16, 2009
    okc
    awe, but where's the fun in that? i'm a big nerd/typophile. any more while just driving around, standing in a line or whathaveyou... my mind's trying to identify what script, sans or serif some designer used. truth be told round 65-70% of designers (are lazybones and) utilize only 40 or so of 'em.