• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font ID's - help yourself

10sacer

I am going to try not to be a smarta$$ based on the length of the post about "Attitudes around here" - but it befuddles me how folks that are supposed to be designers can't identify some pretty common fonts - so I am suggesting that everyone buy the Precision Type Font Reference book.

I have two copies - one for home and one for work and I would say 95% of every font that someone asks about is readily shown in the book. If I am really lost in a font - it takes me 10 minutes to look through every page. If its not there - THEN I ask around.

That being said - I started in this crazy business when there were 7 fonts total for a computer.

mikey-Oh

awe, but where's the fun in that? i'm a big nerd/typophile. any more while just driving around, standing in a line or whathaveyou... my mind's trying to identify what script, sans or serif some designer used. truth be told round 65-70% of designers (are lazybones and) utilize only 40 or so of 'em.