Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font in Graphic

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by captainron19, Nov 30, 2005.

1. captainron19

captainron19 Member

May 11, 2005
    captainron19
    Trying to identify this font appearing in the graphic attached with the large letters

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. cdsgraphic

cdsgraphic Member

Aug 8, 2005
    the "F" in the middle looks like a claredon, with some very odd "modifications". the other letters, I'm not sure, but if your just recreating this, they would be simple to redraw. besides the a and f are modified anyway

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Sorry but no match was found. Looking at it, the center "F" is a different font than what was used for the "I" and "F" to the sides.

4. iSign

iSign Verboten

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    hmmm... did you change the image? I'm just seeing something like Avant Garde, but not seeing whatever Fred's seeing?

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I'm only referring to the IAFF letters. Not the several words of text in the circular layout.

6. iSign

iSign Verboten

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    WOW!!!
    I just saw OP's Gulf Oil logo on his post & remembered wondering if the background shouldn't have been orange instead of black... anyway, I see now that from my decent office computer it was bright orange.

One of my monitors went bad about a week ago, & I swapped it with the one at home untill I find time to replace it., I knew everything was kinda greenish blue looking & figured my reds were lacking... but wow... after seeing the proper colors in OP's post, I hunted down this thread... amazing, that image was solid black on my home monitor, except for the reversed out white text.