Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font issues with Robo Master Pro? Stupid Antiquated program...

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by gurlwithapen, May 26, 2011.

1. gurlwithapen

gurlwithapen New Member

Jan 6, 2011
    So my customer has a font she loves....called "Calligraphy Laser"
    finally get it installed on my PC to cut the vinyl (this is a seriously simple job for window lettering...or shouldve been)

However, Robo Master Pro won't show the font in the font list?? It is installed correctly on the computer. It shows up in other programs such as microsoft word etc....What's the deal? Any ideas?

Thanks! (Don't you love how an easy-peasy job turns into 2 hours of trying to get one font to work....lol....hurry up, friday!)

2. gurlwithapen

gurlwithapen New Member

Jan 6, 2011
    maybe a similar font??

this strike anyone's memories as to a similar font?

3. GVP

GVP Active Member

Nov 11, 2005
    Swift Current, SK
    Would probably help if you posted a sample of the font...

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    My question is ... Does Robo Master Pro use standard Windows font formats and what is the format of the font you are having a problem with?

5. gurlwithapen

gurlwithapen New Member

Jan 6, 2011

Attached Files:

6. gurlwithapen

gurlwithapen New Member

Jan 6, 2011
    It is an open type font....not sure what the stipulations are in Robo Master? I can't seem to find any info on this on their support pages...

7. gurlwithapen

gurlwithapen New Member

Jan 6, 2011
    now that I'm looking at it, I think Lucida Calligraphy might be pretty darn close, to answer my own question lol!

8. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Three things come to mind ...

• Robo Master Pro may not work with open type. You can download the same font HERE in TTF format to try in place of it. The font is simply named Calligraphy. The "Laser" in the name comes from the fact that it was originally published by Casady and Greene in a collection named Fluent Laser Fonts.
    • You may need to close and re-launch Robo Master Pro for the font to show up.
    • You may have reached a point where you have too many fonts installed and new additions may or may not show up in your font menu.