• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

font management on multiple computers

binki

My last few requests for a font id were for fonts I knew I had seen but didn't have them on the computer I was working on.

What do I do to manage fonts across multiple computers? We have 5 in the shop and keeping them all with the right fonts has turned into a PITA.

What can I do to fix this problem?

:thankyou:

Mosh

I agree, we just load on each. The only solution I have is to get a local server. NO IDEA how that works, or if it wuld.

S'N'S

I use a portable laptop hard drive and have all my fonts / vectors etc on it and plug into whatever computer I'm using. I'm a fontaholic and don't want to load them on each computer, so this works for me.

Bitstream font navigator that comes with corel... You install it on each computer then load each program with all your fonts that you have stored on one network drive.

Thats how we have it set up. it's very easy and works like a charm. Installs fonts automatically when we open a file and the font is not on the computer or we can do it manually if we are looking for different fonts then what are installed.

ChristianSlager

We have dropbox installed on all computers, with the font folder in there. Then have whatever font management program you use pointed at that folder. This allows you to have access to your fonts no matter where you are at.... home, starbucks....wherever.

binki

Thanks all. We do have Corel Bitstream. Now I just need to gather them all up.

Thanks again.