• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Management

Graphicdetailsinc

we have several thousand fonts here at our shop, and im sure most of you all do as well. When we do a new design, it is hard having that many loaded, I was wondering if you all knew of any quality free font management software that works well and lets you load and unload fonts while your programs are still running.

Thanks

cptcorn

adad
i use one called AMP font viewer...it came free with a set of fonts i bought for $9.95 from 1001free fonts.com

AMP font viewer here too. I love that it has the "install font temporarily" option.

You both are commiting software piracy... Read the end user license agreement (EULA) when you install the program.

AMP EULA said:
License Agreement

This software is freeware, but only for PERSONAL AND NON-PROFIT USE. For commercial, corporate, educational or government use, or inclusion in any distribution made for profit (software compilations, CD's...) you must contact the author for authorization.

This software is provided "as is", WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. The author declines responsibility for any damages arising out of the use of this program.

You can redistribute this software for free, as long as you don't charge any money, and only if you use the original package. If you don't have a copy of the original package, you can download it from the AMPsoft web site at http://www.ampsoft.net/.

TonyHoles

I got it in a similar fashion. It's been a while so I am not sure exactly but I know it came with something I bought online. I am bad about reading terms and conditions, etc.

cptcorn

adad
I got it in a similar fashion. It's been a while so I am not sure exactly but I know it came with something I bought online. I am bad about reading terms and conditions, etc.
Regardless if it came with a product or not, you would still have to contact the author of the program. He may have only given permission for it to be redistributed. Ignorance is not a good defense when it comes to the law.
AMP font viewer ..... You mean it is FREE as long as you don't use it..... LOL
It's free as long as your not using it in some way or form in regards to it's assistance in helping you effectively make money.

Copyright is copyright... to each their own, but knowingly doing something will come back to bite ya in some way or form.

TonyHoles

I wasn't claiming that I have the rights to it or thinking because I bought it with something it's legit. I simply didn't realize this until you brought it to my attention. I am guilty.

Shovelhead

Regardless if it came with a product or not, you would still have to contact the author of the program. He may have only given permission for it to be redistributed. Ignorance is not a good defense when it comes to the law.

It's free as long as your not using it in some way or form in regards to it's assistance in helping you effectively make money.

Copyright is copyright... to each their own, but knowingly doing something will come back to bite ya in some way or form.

Stop being self-righteous!