• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

font navigator question

binki

Font navigator isn't loading fonts in designs that I have. So I load it in font navigator and use it and the next day it is out again and doesn't load. It doesn't even suggest the correct font to load?

I recently upgraded from X3 to X5 if that makes a diff.

Where should I look to fix this?

TIA

TwoNine

When you say loading them in Font Navigator, are you actually installing them on your system? (Right clicking a font in the top left pane and selecting 'install')

binki

So I install a font and use it. When I open the design tomorrow that font will be unloaded and not available and Corel won't even suggest it but try to substitute some other font. It is only happening on some fonts. Not sure what is up with it.

TwoNine

I don't know then - sounds weird. If you're running into that problem a lot I may just try installing the font directly into the C:/windows/fonts folder, and bypass font navigator altogether.

See if that may help?

TwoNine

Also (just thought of this) - Make sure you're loading the exact same font and STLYE as Corel is asking for....

I.E. - Garamond Regular vs. Garamond Bold, etc....

???

binki

ugh! Our embroidery software doesn't like X5. We just ordered the upgrade of that one so maybe that will save us.

WildWestDesigns

ugh! Our embroidery software doesn't like X5. We just ordered the upgrade of that one so maybe that will save us.

Wilcom. Best one out there and it has Corel x5 built right into it. Depending on what your budget is and what type of embroidery (corporate, artistic etc) go for the product that suits you.

But I wouldn't suggest running two versions of Draw on the same computer, due to how it's linked with x5. Even though Wilcom does have x5 in their program, my plugins for Draw show up in Wilcom's Draw as well, it does come with a standalone version of x5.

DazzaBling

I run X4 and X5 on the same computer because my embroidery software likes X4 but I only run 1 Bitstream Font Navigator. I am not sure if X3 has a font navigator but it would be wise to uninstall one of them.

*On my other computer with X5 only*
I downloaded X6 font navigator it reformatted my x5 BFN and deleted all my fonts. I reinstalled all my fonts into X6 and uninstalled my X5

Also, I uninstall the oldest version and reinstall with the custom installation and just use the programs I need (Draw and Paint). I usually don't add in the extras that take up a lot of space on my computer. When installing the new version I add the extras and use the newest Font Navigator.