• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Organizing

ballparkgraphics

I am trying to get all my fonts organized (using Suitcase Fusion 2) and I have a lot of duplicates. Some have all three versions of the same font (True Type, Post Script, Open Type). Is there one type that I can keep and get rid of the rest? Or are all needed for something? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

GB2

Old Member
Good question, font management can be a chore. I have some duplicates too but so far I've been afraid to delete the duplicates because they have different names and if by some chance the font is specified with the alternate name I like to know I've got it instead of trying to match it up.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
why not just moved the duplicates from your installed fonts folder....create a side folder with duplicates or specialty fonts that you don't use....

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Move them to some removable drive so you have a backup. Keep either ttf or otf. If one of your programs displays text oddly add it back in

I think there is a list of Windows and Mac system fonts that you should not delete. Try googling. Leave those alone. All others are not too important to worry about. Those system fonts are needed for menus, webpages and other similar basic functions of the os

GypsyGraphics

Open Type should be your first choice (newer more universal mac/pc)
Always opt for Post Script over True Type

True Type: ok, Post Script: better, Open Type: Best

You don't have to trash the duplicates, but I wouldn't load them into Fusion.