• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Pricing

Bigdawg

Just Me
I don't mind to pay good money for good fonts. I own quite a few of the LHF fonts and buy others as I see and like them. Most I will spend personally is about $75 bucks... I buy fonts like other women buy shoes...

but take a look at this pricing WTF???? How is a font worth $380... or rather what is it that makes this font worth $380... not for the font family... for a single font...

Pat Whatley

That's 18 fonts for $380

You ever look at the license agreements with "free" fonts like the ones on dafont.com? I doubt most people have never bothered to read them, they just download the file, unzip it, remove the font and delete the rest. Most of the fonts are free for personal use but require you to pay to use them commercially. Using them in the sign shop is using them commercially. You ever hear anybody mention sending $20 to the guy who made that "free" font they downloaded?

Bigdawg

Just Me
Well now I feel like an idiot...

I just wanted one of the faces and I'm sure not going to drop $380 for the package - although if it was one I wanted with that many faces I'd go for it...

JR's

( rather what is it that makes this font worth $380) same reasons for the pricing on any thing els.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We're lucky/spoiled now, because when the Gerbers and AnaGraph fonts came out.... they were very expensive. There was a guy named Milt in California that would give you discounts if you bought 5 to 10 at a time. Ana's fonts came on 5-1/4" floppies. I still have a box full of them and I still have about 25 Gerber font modules.

Yowsa, have times changed.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I still have about 25 Gerber font modules.

Yowsa, have times changed.

Hah! When we bought a Sprint, we loaded it up with fonts (was it 24 or 25 that fit in the Sprint II?) at about $400 a pop... and then bought extras when they could be warranted... Yikes, that makes me cringe, now...