• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font reccomendation...to get the point across

datcat

Have a client who called this morning that wants some no trespassing signs. He's still pizzed from a break-in overnight and I believe his message alone will get the point across but if you got any ideas on a font that would emphasize his emotions I'd appreciate suggestions.....

NO TRESPASSING
Violators Will Be Shot
Survivors Will Be Shot AGAIN!

While we understand your customers frustration, even as funny as it sounds, his choice of words is only an invitation for trouble.

1. To the thief, those words are actually a dare.
2. God forbid anything ever happen, regardless of local and state laws, those words can be construed as "pre-meditated" to a jury, and get the owner the needle.

He would be urther ahead to state:

NO TRESPASSING
Armed Security on premisies (or on patrol)

We would never make those for a customer.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
In the vein of lighthearted no trespassing signs I've always been fond of...

Keep Out
TRESPASSERS
Will Be Violated

...In best tradition of squeal like a pig sociopaths. Unlike others, I'd delight in cranking out a few copies for someone. Smiling the whole time.

signguy95

What do they get out of violating their trespassers? LOL...

On the other had I usually use the words "Prosecuted to the Fullest extent!"

toddmn

i like bob's i dont think a criminal would take that as a dare...you just don't fool around with crazy

After having our cabin broke into and burglarized, I started taping a handwritten note to the inside of the front door window when we are not up there that reads:

"Bob, I just ran to the corner store to get some more 12 gauge shells, be back in a bit. just hang around and wait i will be back soon."

Needless to say,I dont know anyone named Bob, but we havent had any problems since :smile:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I would make it with Helvetica or Arial and then shoot some bullets into the sign.....

Jillbeans

I think you'd have more success by saying
"These Premises Patrolled by Video Surveillance"
or something like that, not sure of the phrasing (or spelling!).
I also like Bob's.
Love....Jill

WB

I thin that if he's serious about it there should be no humour or irony it the message. If I read that I think who ever has posted the sign can't be that serious about it if they're joking in the sign..

just some thoughts..

I like the video sur. idea.. it's hard to spot camera's these days.. might be more effective.

Sign Guy

This post reminds me of an old guy who lived a few miles from me when I was growing up. He thought that people were messing around his buildings at night so he had a sign made that said............

NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR GUN SHOT WOUNDS AFTER DARK

No one ever gor shot but the neighbors got a good laugh out of it.

skyhigh

» No Trespassing Signs

Pete is taking his friend hunting, but when they get to his favorite hunting spot, they notice 'No Trespassing' signs posted everywhere. He tells his friend to wait in the car and walks up to the nearby farmhouse. The farmer answers the door, and Pete says, "Sir, I've been hunting on this property all my life, but I notice that you now have a bunch of 'No Trespassing' signs posted. I wanted to see if it was still OK for me to hunt here."
The farmer tugs on his beard for a bit, and replies, "I'll make a deal with you. We have this cow out back that we have to kill for food, but we've grown too attached to it. If you go out back and shoot my cow, I'll let you hunt on my property."

Pete walks back to the car and decides to play a joke on his friend. "That miserable old bugger won't let us hunt on his property," he says. "I'm going to shoot his damn cow!" He then walks over to the side of the house and ... BAM!

Suddenly, two more shots ring out behind him and his friend runs up, shouting, "I got the dog and cat too! Quick, let's get the hell out of here!"