Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font Recognition Expert Defined needed

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by paul luszcz, May 6, 2005.

1. paul luszcz

paul luszcz Active Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Font Recognition Expert Defined

Does anyone recognize this font? I can't tell if it's a script with an outline or a multi part font.

Help identifying either would be appreciated.

Is F.R.E.D. available today?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Paul, I don't recognize it and FontExpert, trying it with and without the relief shadow lines, does not recogniize it either.

3. iSign

iSign Verboten

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I really only clicked on this thread to say that when someones looking for a font expert & there is already a reply by Fred... well, it's obviously not worth the bother to look in on another solved mystery... but I guess Fred proved me wrong this time.

I can't solve the mystery either, & what i found may be no better... or even far worse then other wrong answers you already found, but I saw that Fred mentioned a different resource, so I tried www.whatthefont.com & found one font that has some reasonable close similarities to that one character. I know a lot of my clients would accept something close if I'm adding copy to fit in with an existing look... rather then needing to redo an existing logo with an exact match.

So, in a case like that maybe you could add an outline to this:

[​IMG]

found http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/scriptorium/queensland/queensland/]HERE[/URL]

4. signguy95

signguy95 Active Member

Dec 5, 2004
  5. signguy95

signguy95 Active Member

Dec 5, 2004
    I didn't read all of the thread...That font is the wrong one sorry I just to conclusions sometimes!

6. paul luszcz

paul luszcz Active Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Doug, I used What the Font and came it up with the same suggestion; so at least it's consistant.

This is the B used on a "Bayliner" brand boat, so I need an accurate match. I'll have to vectorize it and clean it up.

Thanks all for trying.