Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font Search

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by rcook99, Jul 10, 2006.

1. rcook99

rcook99 Very Active Member

May 25, 2006
    NE
    I am looking for a new FONT cd or dvd as being a newbie I have minimal fonts to work with. I would appreciate any advice on what to purchcase. Thanks in advance.
    :thankyou:

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Get a copy of CorelDRAW. It comes with about 1000 good quality fonts included which will provide you a good core library. If you don't plan to use CorelDRAW, save money by picking up an older version like ver. 8 for example.

3. rcook99

May 25, 2006
    NE
    Fred, I have X-3 but it seems every time I receive something from potential customers I don't have the font. I also have Click art 950,000. Are there any other good ones I should look at.

Thanks
    Bob

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    They don't exist Bob. The main thing you will get call for will be fonts that come from the world centered around Adobe and Corel because they are the primary resources used by designers. The fonts with products like Click Art are almost useless for meeting customer specs.

Corel provides a great value in that it gives you part of what you need. The balance is something you should just acquire online as you need them and have a job to bill it against.

5. rcook99

May 25, 2006
    NE
    :U Rock: Fred, Thank you so much for your information I really appreciate it as it is a great help to newbies like myself and many others here. That is what makes the work you put into this site so GREAT.

Thanks Again
    Bob
    www.SweatShirtLane.com

Last edited: Jul 10, 2006