• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font suggestions for menu?

Jillbeans

Hi.
I have to lay out a 5-page menu for a local restaurant.
It is a small restaurant in a small town, serving basic yet tasty stick-to-your ribs type breakfasts, sandwiches, and starters.
Right now they use Monotype Corsiva, and I think it can be quite hard to read, especially for the older patrons who make up about 80% of their clientele.
Any ideas?
:thankyou:
Love....Jill

Baz

If you plan on cutting vinyl then i would chose something easy to cut and weed. Maybee Optima? (you could play with the thick and thin versions). Myriad or Frutiger?

If they still like their old font, you could use it for the categorie title words.

Just some thoughts.

Jillbeans

It's just layouts via pdf for printing on paper pages.
Thanks for the suggestions so far.
Here's his logo that I did last year.

Attachments

• jim.jpg
    jim.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 78

Circleville Signs

It all depends on what they are trying to accomplish. Are they going for an old school diner type feel? Down home Country-Cooking?

I recently did a menu for an old-school diner and used Magneto for the headlines/menu items and Myriad for the descriptions.

Gary