• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fontexpert 3.0

Starrbro

We bought the Font Expert (version 3.0, copyright 1995-2002) program from a sign shop going out of business and found out we need the manual to walk us through set-up. It's not on the CD. If anyone has this program that can get us a copy of the owners manual, I would really appreciate the help.
:thankyou:

dclet

heh I have the manual.... but lost the disc... I never used it anyway....

It runs from the cd doesn't it?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We used to be the US distributor of FontExpert. The only "manual" that comes with it is the insert in the CD case. What is giving you difficulty in the setup?

It can be setup to run from the hard drive though with no difficulty and is how I run my copy of it.

Starrbro

We are trying to use the program, but don't know how to use it. It tells us to look at the manual, but there is not one on the cd. How much would you sell us your manual for?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We are trying to use the program, but don't know how to use it. It tells us to look at the manual, but there is not one on the cd. How much would you sell us your manual for?

The "manual" is printed on 5.5" x 5" paper so as to fit in the front of a standard CD jewel case. The English portion of the manual is 16 pages long of which only 10 have information on them. The manual is written under the incorrect assumption that every license holder has at least an intermediate level of knowledge of type and the use of image editors. It, therefore, contains very little help in getting someone who does not already have a good working knowledge of the type industry to a point where they can get reasonable results with the application.

It will not tell you why you aren't getting good results because the authors expect that you understand many things which are not stated.

That being said, I can photocopy the pages and mail them to you. Just PM me your mailing address.