• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fonts

Perks

From Corel X3 to Corel X or even to Omega 2.1 how are fonts substituted and done so correctly with opening someone else's file on another computer in the same network?

Perks

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i'm running composer 3 on two computers and had major issues because fonts on one system were different than the ones on the other...so instead, i have both pcs routing to our network/customer drive...so all our converted fonts go to that drive....

Perks

A font matching window appears when Importing a file (.ai) from Corel in network to Composer . This window shows missing font and the optionsd default font (arial - normal).
I recently installed over 2000 Gerber fonts in Composer and in Corel as well.

Perks

I not sure I quite understand your network/customer drive. Converted fonts? Do you mean vectored (curved)?

Perks

Well I been experimenting importing Ai and pdf files into Corel first before converting. IMO means? Thanks

J Hill Designs

ok so each computer has to have the same fonts on them...

why are you exporting/importing back into corel? why not just use .cdr files?

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
TTF fonts need to be converted in order to be used in composer....

if you're designing in corel and then bringing an AI or EPS into composer, convert your text to curves before/during export from corel....otherwise, it's just a headache....

if you're using composer to send the artwork to your plotters/printer, i would suggest getting to know the composer software...as it will make things easier for you in the future if you need to make small changes to copy....

Perks

We have a few designers who work with a variety of design programs and whose files I need access so they can be set up (convert to curves) to plot from composer.

I am just having a window pop up with font substitution and I believe I must have some setting checked off incorrectly in the text ( default ) options drop down menu.

A few days back I added some fonts for my Corel x3 from a disk its origin I am unsure of.
What ever fonts were on it hopefully will match the fonts from the other stations.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
when you export the files from corel, don't leave the text as text...convert it to curves, and you should have no problems when you import into composer

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
then i'm not understanding where the problem is....if you're converting everything to curves out of corel, it should import into composer just fine....

Perks

My error. The window that appears prompting a font substitution occurs at times while importing assorted files .ai, .pdf, .cdr from another computer on our network into Corel on my computer station. The TTF I guess is what I want to be imported. The subtitution window usually show a default font, a missing font and a sub. I just want to avoid making any True Type font change permanent. Also thought settings might be set wrong.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
okay, then the problem is that one of your designers has a TTF installed on his PC that you don't have on yours....grab the TTF, install it, and you're good to go....

another thing to think about....I have a "typestyles" section on my work orders for just these occasions...i just mark down the font(s) i've used on the job right on the work order...eliminates confusion down the road...

round man

Fenris242 is right,..all you need to do is make sure all the fonts in your windows/fonts folder are the same on both machines,..as for composer fonts they too need to be the same if composer is on more then one machine,..otherwise convert all fonts to path and or curves in the original file unless you need to do further text editing on another machine

edited to add the process is really simple if you take a flashdrive and copy all the files from one font folder to a folder on the flashdrive ,then copy that folder to the windows/fonts folder on the other machine,..be sure to check the do this for all files box when the first prompt for a duplicate filename comes up,...

Perks

Discovered In Windows Explorer - fonts folder - font properties,there is an option to share fonts folder on the network - this may be worth a try too. Thanks again Perks