• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Food trucks and Microbrews, is this just a NC thing?

In NC we have had an ever increasing number of Microbrews in the area. The breweries typically have a tasting room/bar that's open in the evening but tend not to server any food. It's becoming pretty commonplace to have a food truck or two parked in front of the breweries. The breweries will rotate the trucks out so there is a different food truck every night.

With some recent changes in the local ordinances regarding food trucks and the increasing number of breweries, I guess it's becoming a more attractive business to get into. I've been overrun with request for quotes on food trucks in the past few weeks.

Is this happening elsewhere or is just in NC?

I kind of believe it's more of a fad with the food trucks but who knows.

The beers are pretty tasty, the food trucks are hit or miss.

Thanks,
Chris

WildWestDesigns

I noticed in my hometown (Plano, TX) when I was back there a couple of months ago, there was a food truck across the street from the local pub in the historic downtown area on a Friday night. I wasn't in the town the other evenings, so I don't know if it was only one night or more nights or if they rotated what food trucks were there.

CES020

It's happening here too. Here, it's something to do with the permits and if you are a microbrewery, it's a problem to get food into the place for some reason. I don't remember it, but I had a guy tell me about 2 months ago all about it, how a microbrewery was asking him to start a food truck and part outside their business when they were open. The price of food trucks has also exploded. I think he told me it was about $80K to get a food truck and that was a used one.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Both are huge on the west coast. AZ has over 450 microbreweries registered and we have a huge food truck scene, with rallies and round ups every weekend.

DigiPrinter

Fort Collins has over 40 food trucks and can't count the number of microbreweries.....been this way for a few years now.

binki

It is pretty big in So Cal although food trucks are really restricted in our county. Overall there is a gourmet food truck craze here. They operate via social media and create big crowds.

The Micro Brews are a lot of fun too. We have a customer that is a Micro Brew.

bulldozer

this has been huge for a couple years here in dallas. they are everywhere. we even have food truck plazas dedicated for it.

JERHEMI

Micro brews, Micro brew establishments and Micro brew festivals have been very popular around Chicago and Suburbs for the past 7 years or so and keeps getting more popular. However, food trucks haven't really caught on yet in the suburbs. I'm thinking most villages and towns don't want them, which I can't blame them. It's the same as ice cream trucks from 20 years ago...they're banned in my village and surrounding villages and towns in the southwest suburbs. They might be popular in the City of Chicago, but I don't get to the City much unless I have to, so can't comment on their popularity in the City. Knowing Chicago and Cook County though...I'm pretty sure they're trying to figure out how to tax food trucks as much as a brick & mortar place! lol

InstantOneMedia

Like the rest of the country, Food trucks are huge here in Atlanta. It seems like every week a micro brewery is opening up with picnic tables out front and it becomes an excuse for a keg party. I wonder if they're charging $5/ solo cup or per beer?

GoodPeopleFlags

The microbrews starting popping up a lot here in Huntsville in the last 3 - 4 years. The city just passed an ordinance for food trucks a few months ago so they're just starting to get big around here now.