• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Football helmet decal... HELP

csonka39

One of my good customers I looking for football helmet decals for his kids youth football team...
I make all kinds of decals but never for a football helmet

any help would be very help full...

thanks in advance

MikePro

ummmm.... a decal for a football helmit, is a decal ON a football helmet.
you're overthinking this, bro. get it done and quit sweating a small project.

Sidelinemgr

Being a coach here ,I'll tell you, you will need a very heavy vinyl because the this stuff will come off when they hit or block each other.When helmets hit the thin stuff just pills off ,I have tried it my self.

csonka39

I to am a semi=pro coach.. and yes.. some are 20 mil thick.. . and yes I am a sports equipment reseller.. and I also have a very busy decal business..

thanks for all the input i'll look into the convex...

and out sourcing is a good idea as well .. thanks

royster13

In Canada decals on helmets have to be CSA approved so I use Transfer Express......At least this applies to hockey helmets....Not sure about the rules in the US or if they apply to football helmets.....

DizzyMarkus

That convex will pull your thumbnail off if you get it stuck to it -- lol dont ask hehe -- its designed for that type of stuff :0)

Markus

Square One

I have a customer that redoes them every year for a high school team and I just used regular vinyl. They said they held up great.

Same here, I do the youth football leagues in my town, and each year I replace about 5 out of 100 due to them being damaged. The other thing to remember is that usually these helmets have to go back to the manufacturer for refurbishment each year, and many times they remove the decals that are on the helmets to make sure there are no defects, or cracks under the decal. This may be more of an issue in the coming years with the focus in sports medicine on head injuries and possible changes to the requirements for all helmets to be inspected annually, and mandatory replacement after a determined # of games, or seasons etc.

I am not sure of the cost of Convex, but in the long run it may be cheaper for you and your customer to use regular vinyl for these. In my case I provide these to the youth football program at no cost in return for team sponsorship.

Ragin Cajun

I to am a semi=pro coach.. and yes.. some are 20 mil thick.. . and yes I am a sports equipment reseller.. and I also have a very busy decal business..

thanks for all the input i'll look into the convex...

and out sourcing is a good idea as well .. thanks

Yes...I know what you are talking about.

I have a set in my office now.

It looks like the letters were printed in reverse on this very thick clear laminate about 1/16" thick.

I scratched the front....it won't scratch off.

You can't feel anything on the underside because of the glue.

Maybe it was printed on the reverse side then glue was applied similar to double sided tape???

They come die cut.

I would like to find out what this is and do it myself also.

I was in the office when they were ordering the labels..I know they were ordered from

http://www.sportdecals.com/Football-Decals_106

DIE-CUT TO SHAPE! NO CUTTING ON YOUR PART! Made of our rugged 20-mil vinyl for easy, peel-and-stick application. Bends smoothly to the shape of your helmet. Decals SHIP WITHIN 48 HOURS. Decal Dimensions are 4 1/8" W X 4" H No Minimum Quantity! Pricing shown is for pairs.

I would just like to figure out the process.

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
I have a couple of seasoned hs football coaches we do helmet decals for every year with convex. Theyswear the hold up better than anything they have ever used.