Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For All Corel Users

Discussion in 'Corel' started by dlndesign, Oct 20, 2008.

1. dlndesign

dlndesign Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    San Diego, Ca
    I have maybe used corel about 20 times and it was mostly to export out clipart. I mainly use flexi and illustrator. So I am working with another vendor and all they use is Corel. But for some reason my EPS,and it would be from either Flexi or I would export out legacy EPS8 from Illuustrator, these files are giving them issues. What would be the best way for me to send my files to them without any problems?

Tags:
  2. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Bring it into Corel Draw (import) and send it as CDR file.

3. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    I too, as a Corel user, have received many EPS/AI files that give me the dreaded "Unable to Import File" error.... I have never gotten a straight answer, but I have been successful with an easy workaround:

I open the AI/EPS in Adobe Acrobat Professional (v7) then export again as an EPS. The Acrobat opens them without any trouble, and I suspect the older v7 exports/saves them in a Corel friendly file.

I think there is something new in the way that CS3/4 saves files that X3 chokes on. I have heard that you can save as an older AI and avoid the problem (like v8)

4. SebastienL

SebastienL Active Member

Jul 14, 2008
    If they don't need vector, just make a .tif file.

5. dlndesign

dlndesign Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    San Diego, Ca
    Yes, Vector is what they do need from me. Thanks for the responses. I'll try them out and see if there is a way I can streamline this. Thanks.

6. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Your best assurance of a readable file is to open the final version in Illustrator and save as EPS. If you are not using special effects, the most compatible file is version 3, otherwise use version 8.

Flexi and CorelDRAW both have the same quirk in that they will often not be able to open or import their own EPS exports. The Illustrator saved version will work well across the entire spectrum of applications though.

7. Air Art Girl

Air Art Girl Very Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    publish as a .pdf out of corel then import into whatever you use.