• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

For All Corel Users

dlndesign

I have maybe used corel about 20 times and it was mostly to export out clipart. I mainly use flexi and illustrator. So I am working with another vendor and all they use is Corel. But for some reason my EPS,and it would be from either Flexi or I would export out legacy EPS8 from Illuustrator, these files are giving them issues. What would be the best way for me to send my files to them without any problems?

jiarby

I too, as a Corel user, have received many EPS/AI files that give me the dreaded "Unable to Import File" error.... I have never gotten a straight answer, but I have been successful with an easy workaround:

I open the AI/EPS in Adobe Acrobat Professional (v7) then export again as an EPS. The Acrobat opens them without any trouble, and I suspect the older v7 exports/saves them in a Corel friendly file.

I think there is something new in the way that CS3/4 saves files that X3 chokes on. I have heard that you can save as an older AI and avoid the problem (like v8)

dlndesign

Yes, Vector is what they do need from me. Thanks for the responses. I'll try them out and see if there is a way I can streamline this. Thanks.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Your best assurance of a readable file is to open the final version in Illustrator and save as EPS. If you are not using special effects, the most compatible file is version 3, otherwise use version 8.

Flexi and CorelDRAW both have the same quirk in that they will often not be able to open or import their own EPS exports. The Illustrator saved version will work well across the entire spectrum of applications though.