• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

for all you forum junkies

VinylLabs.com

That software requires the forum to have it installed as a plugin, i don't know if signs101 has it installed.

I use tapatalk. (same situation, signs101 does not have it installed)

Flubber

That software requires the forum to have it installed as a plugin, i don't know if signs101 has it installed.

I use tapatalk. (same situation, signs101 does not have it installed)

its working for me just fine but i will give that one a shot as well

VinylLabs.com

well, it won't be anything "different" it does not work on signs101, I've tried. the only thing I like better about tapatalk (I dont know if the newer versions of forum runner have it) is the "list threads i have participated in" option.

TheSnowman

I thought it had something to do w/ not uploading pictures to the site, it stored them somewhere else. I use Forum Runner on my iPhone.

CES020

Tapatalk required all photos uploaded to be uploaded on their servers. So anyone uploading photos, had them stored on tapatalks server, meaning the forum owner had no control over the photos. Tapatalk could go by the wayside 5 years from now and the forum would lose every picture in every thread that was done from tapatalk.

That and it had some virus/malware or something really bad in it that wasn't doing nice things if I recall correctly.

tapatalk=bad
forumrunner= good :toasting:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Tapatalk required all photos uploaded to be uploaded on their servers. So anyone uploading photos, had them stored on tapatalks server, meaning the forum owner had no control over the photos. Tapatalk could go by the wayside 5 years from now and the forum would lose every picture in every thread that was done from tapatalk.

That and it had some virus/malware or something really bad in it that wasn't doing nice things if I recall correctly.

tapatalk=bad
forumrunner= good :toasting:

You recall correctly.

News Article Regarding Tapatalk Removal 11-26-2010

News Article Regarding Forum Runner 11-1-2010

News Article Regarding Tapatalk 10-31-2010