• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

For GEEKS only!

Tim Aucoin

Okay, this is just way too cool not to share! Not sure how many of you follow (or have ever heard of) KickStarter.com, but I for one am a fan of it and have even pledged into several projects without ever being disappointed! This particular one is incredible. I'm upset because they are no longer taking pledges, as they have maxed out. They asked for $100,000 and have raised over 1.3 million! Think that's a hint??!! :rolleyes:

Let me know what you think of this product!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/limemouse/lifx-the-light-bulb-reinvented?ref=category

I have already contacted the company and am on their wait list for when the product goes retail. This is the way of the future. I'm in geek heaven! :ROFLMAO:

signswi

There have been a lot of home automation projects on kickstarter, ever since the Nest thermostat was so successful. It's great to see so much activity in that sector. I'm in the planning stages now of my home automation and it seems like every day there's a new product on the horizon that will simplify what is currently a very complicated field.

Tim Aucoin

There have been a lot of home automation projects on kickstarter, ever since the Nest thermostat was so successful. It's great to see so much activity in that sector. I'm in the planning stages now of my home automation and it seems like every day there's a new product on the horizon that will simplify what is currently a very complicated field.

I know... I love the home automation stuff. Two months ago I installed the Nest Thermostat and LOVE IT! Very, very cool little thermostat. Do you know that it was invented and designed by a former Apple product design employee?! :smile: I now control my home's thermostat from anywhere I happen to be via the Nest app on my iPhone 5! They just released 3.0 software to make it even smarter than it already was!! But wait... this thread isn't about the Nest is it?!! :ROFLMAO:

CS-SignSupply

They seem to be focusing on the residential.... the commercial applications and savings could be huge. Thank you for the inspiring post.

ucmj22

Okay, this is just way too cool not to share! Not sure how many of you follow (or have ever heard of) KickStarter.com, but I for one am a fan of it and have even pledged into several projects without ever being disappointed! This particular one is incredible. I'm upset because they are no longer taking pledges, as they have maxed out. They asked for $100,000 and have raised over 1.3 million! Think that's a hint??!! :rolleyes:

Let me know what you think of this product!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/limemouse/lifx-the-light-bulb-reinvented?ref=category

I have already contacted the company and am on their wait list for when the product goes retail. This is the way of the future. I'm in geek heaven! :ROFLMAO:

I think kickstarter is pretty great too. Ive only funded one project, but I am definately enjoying my HuMn aluminum wallet!

Attachments

• IMG_1499.jpg
    IMG_1499.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 67

Anicom

That is amazing....I can see a lot of home and business applications for this type of thing. We have some signage in the field now where an Android tablet controls 4 different storefronts using RGB strip lighting, controllers and wifi. but this is very cool.

Attachments

• 000_1557.jpg
    000_1557.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 000_1558.jpg
    000_1558.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 000_1559.jpg
    000_1559.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited by a moderator:

peavey123

Wicked! I totally want one some of those bulbs...just for the laughs and the reaction of my gf when I reach for my iphone to "set the mood". hahaha Too bad they're sold out.

Kickstarter seems to me like a glimpse into the future of a possible new kind of government. I imagine being able to choose where your money is going instead of voting in the left or right and let them determine how your money is being spent. Something like this would be huge for the US where one year of military spending is more than the entire budget of NASA for the last 50 years for example. I dunno?...anyways gotta love the internetz.

rcook99

Okay Tim,:cool1: this is the first I have ever heard of this! I love geek toys and especially home automation toys. I can remember when our cable company put the app out for smart phone control of your TV. I purposely was changing the wifes channels from downstairs and :ROFLMAO:

Anyway you just made my day stop so I can read and figure this Kickstarter deal out. Love the lightbulb.