Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For haters of the NEW Facebook layout !

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Replicator, Feb 9, 2010.

1. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Don't like 6 of these start every time they change the look? Which is every 6 - 9 months.

2. weaselboogie

weaselboogie Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Us
    I actually don't mind it. I haven't gotten used to the last version of facebook quite yet and realized that I just didn't give it much of a chance. I'm going to to give it a couple of more weeks before I decide if I like it or not. Everybody hates change and I think a lot of people immediately hate it because its different.

3. ONLINE SIGN GUY

ONLINE SIGN GUY Member

Nov 13, 2009
    CEDAR RAPIDS
    I Just signed up and sent the invite to all my friends......

4. Stevo

Stevo Active Member

Dec 2, 2004
    I'm used to it already. No biggie.
    Stevo

5. saktrnch

saktrnch Member

Mar 20, 2009
    I hate it. I hate having to sort through and block 2,459,329 games, gifts, and pokes that some people have to do constantly day in and day out. I just want to see what friends say and not everything they do.

6. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    I join one of those every time they change....this one is the most sucky so far IMO

7. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    I like the new layout.......but what the h+ll is up with the feeds...man they don't update and are always behind,or don't show up at all.....:frustrated:

8. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Yeah- don't mind the look but the feed SUCKS! Fix that and I'm good...

9. sgns4u

sgns4u Member

Oct 21, 2006
    Va
    Last night my daughter posted something. It was on my home page, I saw it I know I did. I made a comment! Then I clicked on MY PROFILE and when I came back to HOME her post and several others were gone. I couldn't get them to show again on my home page at all.

They finally showed again this morning. I am going to try to be patient but if it doesn't get better soon, I will just slowly drift away. Sucks because I was in contact with some friends that are far away.

Sherry

10. RandyS

RandyS New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    I dont mind it, took about 2 minutes to figure out

11. KR3signguy

KR3signguy Very Active Member

Jul 11, 2007

OMG absolutely!
    it blows!

12. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    It's still free so I can't complain very much.

13. HaroldDesign

HaroldDesign Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    I wouldn't know. I just joined it, but to me it seems "unfinished" or something.

14. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    The feed was acting wierd onthe older setup too. Sometimes I would see newer info and then the next time it would be back 12 hours.

15. artist4christ

artist4christ Member

Jan 22, 2009
    You can set all of the settings as to what is displayed and what isn't, I am the same way, I don't care about any of the game stuff or notifications.

16. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

Facebook is really starting to weird me out to be honest... regardless of how it looks! :rolleyes:

17. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    That's part of the problem . . . The feeds are showing crap from yesterday or 6 or 12 hours ago, but not all the current status updates.

The last revision of Facebooks Layout gave you the option to drag the status updates back to the top of the home page,

giving you all the current posts . . . This revision does NOT ! ! !

18. sgns4u

sgns4u Member

Oct 21, 2006
    Va
    to ONLY see Status updates look to the left of your main page. You will see "Friends" listed. Click on that. Then choose Status Updates from the options that show up. Looks just like the old format when you do that.... You may not like this but I think I do. You won't see who became a fan of what or you won't see who became friends with who.

Sherry

19. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    The last revision of FB allowed you to move the Status Updates to the top of the list in the left pain navigation of the main page.

This allowed you to always be on the status updates . . . ALL THE TIME, without having to jump through hoops to get there.

The new design does not allow this !