• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

For hp latex owners

Slimoff

I am going to moskow hp office on monday. If you have questions about latex printers and their issues post them here and i will ask hp tech as many as i can.

parrott

It's slow and a complete pain to operate (granted I'm not the operator). I have never seen a machine throw up so many errors, commands, hoops to jump through, etc. It wants to do everything except what it is designed to do....print. The ink technology is great (which I was skeptical about), but the amount of time wasted on unnecessary steps is incredible. Give me back my GS6000. It was much easier to use, the print quality was way better and it actually wanted to print. I am sure I am in the minority here, but these LX360 machines are way over hyped.

Slimoff

It's slow and a complete pain to operate (granted I'm not the operator). I have never seen a machine throw up so many errors, commands, hoops to jump through, etc. It wants to do everything except what it is designed to do....print. The ink technology is great (which I was skeptical about), but the amount of time wasted on unnecessary steps is incredible. Give me back my GS6000. It was much easier to use, the print quality was way better and it actually wanted to print. I am sure I am in the minority here, but these LX360 machines are way over hyped.
Partially i agree with you.
HP always does things more complicated than they should really be.
Sometimes this is coming out as a nightmare.
For example Linux 2.2 has 1.8 million lines of code, latex firmware over 3 million.
Gs6000 looks a lot simpler comparing with 360.
ps. Do you know that gs6000 is facelifted Mutoh 1624?
Mutoh is very simple and stable printer.

Slimoff

No questions.

One demand, higher ink densities for 2 to 8 pass.
I think it's head limitation, but 8 passes is good speed for them, i will ask is it possible,
on previous latex it is possible to control ink limit from RIP.
This generation is contone so you can choose only what they put in firmware.

Turnergraphics

thanks for the input.
turner

dypinc

I would have to disagree.

Slow as in how? I find the L360 much faster than previous generations.

Pain to operate? Describe.

What RIP are you using?

dan1942

I am a new Latex owner (L360) and after a few months using it now I am getting the hang of it and am starting to feel happy with making the switch from solvent. I really like the scratch resistance I am getting and how quickly the inks dry. I am still sure I will have some issues but right now I am happy :) and don't think I can go back to a solvent printer.

chrisaka

My L360 has thrown one error that required a reboot, but other than that it seems pretty smooth to me. Granted, this is our first large format printer. Never messed with solvents/etc.

danno

Can you ask them when latex will be on it's final revision? I still don't think they have it quite figured out yet.

MikePro

I want the prints to come out laminated. That would be cool.

+1 maybe dual-printheadcarriage setup, printing colors and then printing a clear liquid laminate on top? ...with user-controlled features like gloss/matte/pattern finish!
#uhearditherefirst!

FrankW

white/metallic ink sets?

Nobody at HP is interested in doing somewhat in metallic. Metallic printing ist totally overhyped, most of the users wo bought a metallic inkjet printer regrets this shortly.

I spend some time last year at the worldwide large format headquarters of HP near Barcelona in spain, for example last april for the dealer presentation of the Latex 300, and they say the only thing they take seriously is white printing ... but they haven't anything to announce this time officialy.

Give me back my GS6000.

You could buy a current model of a Epson Eco-Solvent Printer. But the chance you will be satisfied with that is small.

I want the prints to come out laminated. That would be cool.

What about a separate bulk ink tank that could hold different types of liquid laminate? Then you just need another printhead like the optimizer. Of course you might have to start programming the printer to re-roll after initial print to allow for the liquid lam to be applied.

FrankW

If anyone wants to get in contact to HP directly, you can subscribe at the HP Latex Knowledge Center:

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/HP-Latex-Knowledge-Center/ct-p/HPLatexKnowledgeCenter

There are a lot of ressources (Videos, News, Education with online training) for latex users, and a discussion board too which will be supervised by HP Spain itself. The HP branch in spain, near barcelona, is responsible for large format development and marketing regarding Designjet, Latex, Scitex, Indigo and others.