• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

for new and old photo shop users

Dixonsignshop

Great link grafxxx! :biggrin: There is actually quite a bit out there on youtube for useful tutorials. The problem today is I can remember when it took me hours and hours to digitize a logo for a client. Now with the advancements in technology someone gets a scanner and a copy of photo shop … Bam they think there ready to start professionally editing photos. :rolleyes:

grafxxx

that is true. these guys are work for photo shop magazine they have some good tip and tricks.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Great link grafxxx! :biggrin: There is actually quite a bit out there on youtube for useful tutorials. The problem today is I can remember when it took me hours and hours to digitize a logo for a client. Now with the advancements in technology someone gets a scanner and a copy of photo shop … Bam they think there ready to start professionally editing photos. :rolleyes:

Ahh, those were the days. Illustrator 88 and Photoshop 2.

The problem now-a-days is that most don't have any technical or graphic background to know how bad of a job they've done.

grafxxx

mad props to donnie.. those guys who made those video are great with viral marketing

yeah i remember using ps 3 when i had to make my own effects or chrome look by actually doing work. with my trusty photo shop bible book wich was like 4 thick... it so easy now just one click an there done.

graphixtogo

Fire up your iTunes and subscribe to podcasts by these guys. If you don't have iTunes, download it free from apple.com.

PhotoshopUser TV with Dave Cross, Matt Kloskowski and Scott Kelby, and Bert Monroy's PixelPerfect are two of the best podcasts available for photoshop tutorials. Both podcasts are very informative and entertaining.

Matt Kloskowski has one called Photoshop Killer Tips. Each episode is usually under 2 minutes in length. Quick little bits of Photoshop goodness!

LayersTV is also great because it covers all the Adobe products.

Adobe Creative Suite Video Podcast by Terry White is another good one.

I try to keep on top of these, but usually don't have the time to watch them as they come out. I just have a huge cache of episodes available for when I do get some time! If you only have time for one, I highly recommend Bert Monroy. The man is just incredible when it comes to Photoshop knowledge and pure talent.:thumb:

rjpjr

Check this guy out bert monroy super awesome photoshop guy.

http://revision3.com/pixelperfect/

Digging up an older post...

...been checking out Bert's recent episodes. Jack Davis was a guest and he discussed how to create "Paintings" in Photoshop. I created this image using some of the techniques he described.

Attachments

• Yellow-rose-faux-painting.jpg
    Yellow-rose-faux-painting.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 72

signgal

tutorials are great! If only I could squeeze more time into a day LOL Anyway I just learned how to do this click me from watching this youtube tutorial link

she very easy to follow... that's my youngest btw :)

*hope that fixed it ~sorry

Last edited:

dbenec

no matter how much you use the program and how much you think you know, there's always more hidden tricks, shortcuts and for the most part you can get to an end result several different ways.

having use photoshop daily since '91 and constantly finding new things out about it - it is the most amazing program.