Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

for new and old photo shop users

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by grafxxx, May 3, 2008.

1. grafxxx

grafxxx Very Active Member

May 15, 2007
    watertown ma.
    Tags:
  2. Dixonsignshop

Dixonsignshop Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Great link grafxxx! :biggrin: There is actually quite a bit out there on youtube for useful tutorials. The problem today is I can remember when it took me hours and hours to digitize a logo for a client. Now with the advancements in technology someone gets a scanner and a copy of photo shop … Bam they think there ready to start professionally editing photos. :rolleyes:

3. grafxxx

May 15, 2007
    watertown ma.
    that is true. these guys are work for photo shop magazine they have some good tip and tricks.

4. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Ahh, those were the days. Illustrator 88 and Photoshop 2.

The problem now-a-days is that most don't have any technical or graphic background to know how bad of a job they've done.

5. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
  6. grafxxx

May 15, 2007
    watertown ma.
    mad props to donnie.. those guys who made those video are great with viral marketing

yeah i remember using ps 3 when i had to make my own effects or chrome look by actually doing work. with my trusty photo shop bible book wich was like 4 thick... it so easy now just one click an there done.

7. 4R Graphics

4R Graphics Active Member

Jan 28, 2008
  8. graphixtogo

graphixtogo Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Kevil, KY
    Fire up your iTunes and subscribe to podcasts by these guys. If you don't have iTunes, download it free from apple.com.

PhotoshopUser TV with Dave Cross, Matt Kloskowski and Scott Kelby, and Bert Monroy's PixelPerfect are two of the best podcasts available for photoshop tutorials. Both podcasts are very informative and entertaining.

Matt Kloskowski has one called Photoshop Killer Tips. Each episode is usually under 2 minutes in length. Quick little bits of Photoshop goodness!

LayersTV is also great because it covers all the Adobe products.

Adobe Creative Suite Video Podcast by Terry White is another good one.

I try to keep on top of these, but usually don't have the time to watch them as they come out. I just have a huge cache of episodes available for when I do get some time! If you only have time for one, I highly recommend Bert Monroy. The man is just incredible when it comes to Photoshop knowledge and pure talent.:thumb:

9. Rooster

Rooster Very Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Edmonton
    Search "you suck at photoshop" on youtube.

Funny stuff!

10. rjpjr

rjpjr Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Digging up an older post...

...been checking out Bert's recent episodes. Jack Davis was a guest and he discussed how to create "Paintings" in Photoshop. I created this image using some of the techniques he described.

Attached Files:

11. signgal

signgal Very Active Member

Dec 29, 2009
    tutorials are great! If only I could squeeze more time into a day LOL Anyway I just learned how to do this click me from watching this youtube tutorial link

she very easy to follow... that's my youngest btw :)

*hope that fixed it ~sorry

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  12. dbenec

dbenec Member

Aug 28, 2007
    no matter how much you use the program and how much you think you know, there's always more hidden tricks, shortcuts and for the most part you can get to an end result several different ways.

having use photoshop daily since '91 and constantly finding new things out about it - it is the most amazing program.

13. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Signgal the tutorial link isn't working/no good!

14. signgal

signgal Very Active Member

Dec 29, 2009
    fixed, thanks!