Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For our signshop friends in Los Angeles... be careful

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Jburns, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    Per Mayor Eric Garcetti:

The mayor went on to announce the "business ambassadors program" — an effort to get nonessential businesses to close.

“This behavior is irresponsible and selfish,” he said of those that remain open.

He said the Department of Water and Power will shut off services for the businesses that don't comply with the "safer at home" ordinance.

Neighborhood prosecutors will implement safety measures and will contact the businesses before issuing further action, according to Garcetti.

“The easiest way to avoid a visit is to follow the rules,” he said.

Souce: https://ktla.com/news/coronavirus/m...ld-daily-briefing-on-l-a-s-covid-19-response/

Tags:
  2. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Like I said in another post. These folks need to obey the order because they really won't like the crackdown that's coming if they don't.

And judging by Jburns post it's already starting. Won't take long to spread to the rest of the country. Government isn't going to screw around. They will drop the hammer and everyone will have to live with the consequences.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    Look what it took in an authoritarian ruled country with high degrees of citizen obedience. Almost three months of lockdown, military enforced closures and severe suppression of people's movements, civil rights, etc...

I'm seeing tons of either defiance or simple indifference to the local orders here.

Then there is this.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...end-constitutional-rights-coronavirus-970935/

5. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Well I'm not sure what the response will be but history should tell the tale.
    Traffic increase in my neighborhood in incredible. Been non-stop since this morning. Quite remarkable for a small town.

Personally I'm staying inside venturing out to walk the dog. I'll walk down to the repair shop and grab my truck tomorrow then that's it. Staying put.

No take away or delivered food either. Don't know how many have had their grubby paws on it. Not to mention the impeccably clean "Rolls Royces" the "well groomed" delivery drivers use to run their routes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  6. studio 440

studio 440 Member

Jul 19, 2010
    cali
    **** mayor yoga pants and gov nuisance