• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

For PA'rs - contractors numbers

letterman7

Hi gang,
Oddly, this is the first I've had to think on this. My regular contractors who order yard signs and such haven't mentioned putting their license number on their signs, just their trucks. After checking the PA website, the law states "that registration numbers must be included in all advertisements, contracts, estimates and proposals". It just never occured to me to put the number on the yard signs and I want to make sure everyone is in compliance. Has everyone else put the numbers on their customer's signs?

Rick

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes and no.

I ask everyone getting anything lettered if they want us to add it. We just did 15pcs 4' x 8's for a customer and they're sitting here right now..... and he called back and said, he didn't want the numbers on. I think he's wrong. I don't think he can do as he pleases, but I'm following my customers wishes. I'm not responsible for the logistics of their doing business.

Just did a ton of numbers for a fleet of trucks..... guess what, it was the same company.

The Home Builders Show is this weekend and the convention is right around the corner from me and I'm gonna find out this weekend. Besides being a member of our HBA, we do a lot of these peoples' signs, trucks and lettering needs. I would like if in their newsletter, they would address this... once and for all.

Jillbeans

From what I understand, it has to be on all forms of advertising, the vehicles, and even on TV or radio ads.
When I put it on signs and trucks I make it real small.
Love....Jill

letterman7

That's what I figured. I hadn't been mentioning it to my customers basically because I just never thought about it for their signs. That, and as Gino says, just following what the customer ordered, essentially. What day are you going to the show, Gino? I should try to get there, if not just to meet up with you!

R

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Saturday, later in the afternoon. About 3:30 or 4:00. I'll PM ya my cell phone.... or maybe my wife's if you're going to come up. She always has hers with her..... me, hardly ever. The Expo center is about 4 blocks from our shop. The last sign for it just went out the door about 15 minutes ago. Setup ends today at 7pm and I just locked my doors.

WILLIAMS

Yes, it needs to be on everything. I always ask and leave it up to the customer. Always on printing and about 1/2 of the time when it comes to yard signs and magnets. Even have one contractor we put it on his shirts. Spelled out no less. I thought that was overkill but he likened the shirts to a form of advertising. I emailed a contact at the attorney general's office who couldn't confirm it needs to be on shirts but said it didn't hurt.