• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Forced to leave Wasatch for VersaSh*t...

strypguy

I've been using versaworks with my SP300V for about three years now with absolutely no printing problems what-so-ever. I have never used a custom profile. I use the color swatch print out to match my work and have printed on all kinds of vinyl and brands with no issues. I use the GCVP profile for calendered vinyl and the PCV2 profile for cast vinyls or appropriate substitutes if it is matte, reflective etc. These were the profiles that were suggested to me by my rep when I bought my printer.
I think it's your media too but you may want to experiment with those profiles and see what you get. It works for me.....

John

musquoni

First off you need to tell everyone exactly what model printer you are using because there is different technology in each model. It also will help in diagnosing the problem.

Second it looks like media issue. If it prints fine on other medias there is no reason that it shouldn't on that one. Try using the same profile that worked on the other medias and see if it prints better, if not then its the media not the profile. I use the generic RIPC profiles that come with VersaWorks and they work really well every time i print (adjusting the media feed for each media is a must).

Patentagosse

OK, 'should let you know I print using Roland printers for over 8 years so I already had figured countless ways to cure the problem. I'm not saying I know everything (hey, that's why I ask questions on forums...) but regarding calibration, maintenance and other basic settings, 'been there, 'done that.

Now I'm printing with a VS-540, OEM inks, mostly Oracal products. Yes, the 5600 roll may be in cause here since it prints fine on other films but the blue I was targeting always printed sharp on older printer (SP-300) but now is completely different. I also tried simple CMYK formula (C100 M50 Y0 K0) which usually lead to vivid medium blue but with some profiles printed like blueish steel grey or almost purple, thing that never happened before. 'Finally been able to print decent colors for the mentioned job but 'wasted about 2 precious hours of my time testing, tweaking... When it happens few times in the same week, I feel the steam rushing to my ears and the doc said I should take great care of my blood pressure so... Also, I know nothing's perfect (I'm old enough to have figured it out...)