• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ford Fusion Total Square footage?

Signsforwhile

Anyone wrap a Ford Fusion lately and care to share the total square footage? I have a flaky customer pestering me for a price and he's flaky enough that I don't want to invest in the $30 template to price it.

malayasigns

A trick I use if I don't have a template or measurements, is to search for "Vehicle Make/Model Dimensions". There is nearly always a Wikipedia page dedicated to the vehicle, often with each generation's details and dimensions. This combined with a couple google image shots of each side gets close enough for quoting purposes. Hope it helps.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I'm sure this will annoy you but...
Why do you need the square footage of that vehicle for pricing? Less sq. footage doesn't always mean less price. A tiny sports car with crazy curves may be the same price as a Box Truck twice it's size in sq. footage.
There is such a large difference between the 2013 Fusions and the 2015 ones that adds lots of time on install/prep alone...even though they have the same sq.footage!
Mirrors are on the body instead of in the window, most have stock spoilers, front bumper is a little more complex, etc.
I would estimate it on an average size of a car and then add or subtract based on the smaller details like (spoiler, bumper complexity, mirrors & handles needing wrapped or not, etc)

Signsforwhile

I'm sure this will annoy you but...
Why do you need the square footage of that vehicle for pricing? Less sq. footage doesn't always mean less price. A tiny sports car with crazy curves may be the same price as a Box Truck twice it's size in sq. footage.
There is such a large difference between the 2013 Fusions and the 2015 ones that adds lots of time on install/prep alone...even though they have the same sq.footage!
Mirrors are on the body instead of in the window, most have stock spoilers, front bumper is a little more complex, etc.
I would estimate it on an average size of a car and then add or subtract based on the smaller details like (spoiler, bumper complexity, mirrors & handles needing wrapped or not, etc)

No, not annoying. Totally agree. I just needed an idea on total material....and needed to see how much smoke was being blown up my a$$ when we were asking to beat $1800 designed, printed and installed. :omg::omg::omg:

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
No, not annoying. Totally agree. I just needed an idea on total material....and needed to see how much smoke was being blown up my a$$ when we were asking to beat $1800 designed, printed and installed. :omg::omg::omg:

If they are dead in winter...$1800 for that isn't too crazy. I just did a set of 4 of them for 2k each for a dealership. Excluded most of the front bumpers, mirrors, and handles though.
Did 4 of the earlier model for that same dealership a few years ago for 1800 each. So...this time around I raised my prices. Was a fleet discount and they had to order all 4 at once to get that.

Signsforwhile

Well not sure how truthful they were cause we passed on the job at the lower price......guess whos back today ready to go with us haha

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
LOL similar thing this morning.
Used car dealership wanted a price on a 4'x40' banner. Gave her price and she said she already got a quote elsewhere for $175 less.
I said "wow...that sounds like a better deal then." and let her go.
Now she calls saying she needs to go with us because she "can't find the contact info for the cheaper company" lol