• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ford GT40 matte white wrap

GZ SIGN DESIGNS

Just finished wrapping this Ford GT40 for a client that has 2 of these cars in red.So he wanted one in matte white .All the striping is the base color of the car without cutting on it.We used Avery MPI1005 EZLTR RS W/DOL1080 matte laminate.Here in the midwest we get a request to color change a car frequently,It been a great selling tool in our shop portfolio.

Offsite pics replaced. Please read our rules and instructions on photo posting.

Attachments

• Picture206.jpg
    Picture206.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Picture205.jpg
    Picture205.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Picture201.jpg
    Picture201.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Picture203.jpg
    Picture203.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Picture199.jpg
    Picture199.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:

Sticky Signs

Very nice. I'm sure the matt vinyl looks cool with the gloss red paint. I hope you took her for a test drive just to make sure the vinyl was err, umm, still stickin?

bigben

wow! How did you manage to cut the vinyl to show the red paint? How much time did it take you?

GZ SIGN DESIGNS

I only got to drive it in the lot and in and out of the garage.We could tell you how we made the stripe but then we don't want to give away all the secrets.I will say we didn't cut on the car.

megacab

Looks like the knifeless tape got a tad skewed near the windshield, but overall excellent job.

was thinkin the same thing. knifeless tape only works as well as the guy that's layin it down. if you don't lay it down straight, you end up with stripes that aren't straight. bad-ass car and wrap though for sure. matte white looks so clean in person.

natedawg9640

if i were to do it, id laya slightly oversized stencil, and then a correct sized stencil on the car... then wrap it all completely, then cut at the edge of the correct sized stencil, but not all the way through the oversized one underneath... then pull the oversized one along with the correct one and the portion of wrap out and off...

the graphics co

if i were to do it, id laya slightly oversized stencil, and then a correct sized stencil on the car... then wrap it all completely, then cut at the edge of the correct sized stencil, but not all the way through the oversized one underneath... then pull the oversized one along with the correct one and the portion of wrap out and off...

Or use knifeless tape :wink: