• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ford in the business of selling "wraps/graphics"

laforestsigns

I have contracts with my local gm and ford dealerships , we do the commercial lettering and give them 40% . they started a program to do pistriping and generic graphics here last year . they don't want anything toooo custom as they have to cover the warranty . it's really worth a phone call to your local dealers and show up with a portfolio . especially in these lean times their looking for any edge they can get . What ever helps them move product !

sdcali619

I know of a woman here in socal that up until the recession and car sales falling off steeply, she was making a pretty penny going to dealerships and selling wraps to them for their customers, and the dealership would just add the price of the wrap into the monthly payments, making it much easier for the customer as well as. installer. Now she wasn't a graphic artist or even an installer, just a middle person that brokered everything out and still made money apparently.

dwt

This is no surprise. When window tinting became more fashionable in the early '90s the manufacturers began glazing glass on the line. The same with after market wheels. Now the dealers have all the bling you got $$$ for, and once again right off the line.

I think its great. It means they feel consumers can afford to keep consuming.