• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ford Transit enables graphics for customers

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
"Ford enables Transit connect customers to design vinyl graphics"

http://wot.motortrend.com/ford-enables-transit-connect-customers-to-design-vinyl-graphics-7487.html
===================================
Ford, partnering with vinyl wrap company Original Wraps, allows customers to configure their Transit Connect graphics package online with a number of different options. Predesigned shapes and graphics allow owners to quickly configure a striking design, although users can upload their own material — i.e. logos, graphics, etc. — to incorporate into the design. Better yet, the Web site gives a rough estimate of pricing. Simple graphics start at $100, but intricate designs can run up to $3500 for a full-vehicle wrap.
Instead of merely designing the graphics package and then having the expensive graphics installed permanently on the side of the vehicle, the site gives owners a full preview of what the final product will look like on a Transit Connect. This is a huge advantage when deciding if a costly graphics package will give the impression the business owner or individual desires. Dealers say it is an advantage to them as well as it is another way to satisfy customers.
“Wrapping a Transit Connect is a great way to advertise and it is a one-time cost, but a lot of people don’t know where to get it done,” said Bob Maxey, owner of Bob Maxey Ford in Detroit. “Having a Ford Web site where people can design their own custom warp, and get it done right then and there is huge.”
All wraps will either be installed by a Ford dealership or by a certified independent graphics company contracted by the dealer.=======================

Just putting it out there for you guys. How'd you like to be "partners" with Ford like that?

CentralSigns

Your link doesn't open up. Sounds like a thread that was circulating last year, same concept. I think it raised some hackles, wasn't it Lowen and Ford going to bed together. They must have split the sheets? Or no one buying in to it?

Last edited:

ProWraps

what most people dont realize is that 3M is heavily in bed with this program. yup, the same company that is selling to you and it, is backing the company that is trying to put us out of biz. GO 3M!

Mikeifg

Well, I am doing somework for the new shelby 350 project they have and one of the guys in charge of the program told me ford is having issues with their graphic program. I asked what and I was handed a stripe kit for an 80,000 Ford GT 350 made from Oracal 651 supplied by a ford authorized decal supplier. I couldn't believe it! you buy an 80,000 car and they want to put intermediate vinyl on it. Ford has no idea.

Custom_Grafx

i wouldnt be worried. apple offers laser etching on the back of their products - but us laser guys still have work...

it's just something they can say to make them sound good when they sell the van. it's one of those products where most buyers will be like "yeah... sounds ok, but I already have a sign guy who does all my stuff and his service is tops - i don't want any surprises". More incentive to give customers good service, especially to ur regulars who keep you in biz.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I would think a major consideration for buyers would be the ability to include it in their loan to buy the vehicle. Even with interest, scheduling out a $3,500 wrap of 36 to 72 months makes it a lot more attractive as an advertising expenditure.