• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Form Feed Issue?

tjsigns

Hi Guys

Does this look like a form feed issue, ive made my own profiles and got the colours nice but i am getting banding through all of the colours at same intervals. Banding increases with passes. Printer is a Mimaki Jv3 160sp.
Test print as below. Ive cleaned heads as best as i can get them.

Printer was working better than this when i went to demo it before purchasing, No banding, he was printing to PVC banner. I am printing to Arlon 4500gx Polymeric Gloss white Vinyl.
Thanks in advance
George

Attachments

• 20130305_151959.jpg
    20130305_151959.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20130227_175522.jpg
    20130227_175522.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 78

Vinylman

One quick look at your test print shows exactly what your problem is.
The cyan AND the yellow are partially clogged. Run several cleaning cycles, and reprint your test patterns. Should clear up the problem.

BTW THANKS for the clear photos of the print problems. Most shots are not that clear. Good job!!

tjsigns

Thanks for response Vinyl, ive done all the cleaning i can on the heads. Ive soaked them on nozzle wash over period of two nights. Each morning doing clean after clean. Ive had capping station out and cleaned and checked this. If i pull the yellow head and gently flush through with cleaning fluid from syringe will this help. Ive notised a very slight mark on face of the yellow head so i am thinking it may have hit the media before i bought it. Could the dampers be dirty or partially blocked?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It is a common problem with JV3s and old capping stations. I have seen that pattern many times before. If you see marks on the bottom of the head, it is damaged beyond repair or cleaning. What happens is the capping station wears out over time and the screws start to raise up a little. The screw hits the bottom of the head and causes the nozzles to shut. I have the capping stations and heads at solventinkjet.com. I would recommend replacing the screws in the capping station to ones with more of a flat top to avoid future damage.