Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

form to keep track of jobs in a day

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by James Chrimes, Jul 2, 2012.

1. James Chrimes

James Chrimes Very Active Member

Jul 4, 2005
    NEWPORT NH
    I am wondering if any of you use forms to help keep track of production per a person in a day. Trying to see exactly who is getting what produced in the shop. Any suggestions? Thanks

Tags:
  2. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    We tried it - didn't really work as well as we wanted because we are a small shop - and we jump from thing to thing and it was taking more time to document than to just do it.

We do have the other gal here keep a list of the jobs she works on - but not any level of detail to it.

3. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    we use Trello (its free) https://trello.com/ here, it allows each person to comment on a job from their desk and everyone sees the status

there is Sign Vox we have no experience with them

4. SD&F

SD&F Very Active Member

Oct 4, 2009
    We have a tracking system that moves the job thru each station once the person receives it and finishes it. It tracks it and we are able to look in and see what station it is at. We did the paperwork and stamp method, but it does not work as well.

5. charleskowen

charleskowen New Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Trello looks amazing. I really want to use it now. Thanks for sharing.

6. StarSign

StarSign Active Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Looking at Trello now, this looks like what we have been looking for also.

7. James Chrimes

James Chrimes Very Active Member

Jul 4, 2005
    NEWPORT NH
    Thanks for the input.

8. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    Trello is great. I learned about it on here, I know use it for the business and my personal life. Its really easy to use and you can make it fit any project or projects you want. I even have my wife using it to manage the kids school events.

9. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Whatever you do, go digital. Managing workflow with paper is a wreck.

10. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    We use Google Docs....every computer is logged into a spreadsheet document with sections for jobs in production, materials to order list, install list, etc. Works pretty good. Everyone can update in real time, check off completed jobs, add notes, etc.

11. john1

john1 Guest

Signvox, problems solved.

But but it's $129 a month...Yeah and it WORKS

12. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Put in cameras. Sounds like you are on a slacker hunt.
    I know of a business near me that has the foremen on patrol looking to cut waste. They are recording trips to the bathroom, drinking fountain, etc... Even shut the tool crib until 11a.m. everyday as it was a spot the slackers would go to BS and it still looked like they were doing something.
    They also implemented time studies. They have their best guy do a job a couple times and average that time. Then the rest have to make that time within a couple minutes or....

13. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    And this, kids, is why you should go to college and get a white collar job. Humans aren't robots.

Also seriously just go demo signvox, $129/month is like one less (small!) job screwed up due to paper shuffle. Will pay for itself immediately.

14. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    +1 for signvox. You can really keep organized with it.

15. Fatboy

Fatboy Very Active Member

I am way to disorganized for it.