• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

form to keep track of jobs in a day

James Chrimes

I am wondering if any of you use forms to help keep track of production per a person in a day. Trying to see exactly who is getting what produced in the shop. Any suggestions? Thanks

Bigdawg

Just Me
I am wondering if any of you use forms to help keep track of production per a person in a day. Trying to see exactly who is getting what produced in the shop. Any suggestions? Thanks

We tried it - didn't really work as well as we wanted because we are a small shop - and we jump from thing to thing and it was taking more time to document than to just do it.

We do have the other gal here keep a list of the jobs she works on - but not any level of detail to it.

2B

we use Trello (its free) https://trello.com/ here, it allows each person to comment on a job from their desk and everyone sees the status

there is Sign Vox we have no experience with them

SD&F

We have a tracking system that moves the job thru each station once the person receives it and finishes it. It tracks it and we are able to look in and see what station it is at. We did the paperwork and stamp method, but it does not work as well.

Locals Find!

Trello is great. I learned about it on here, I know use it for the business and my personal life. Its really easy to use and you can make it fit any project or projects you want. I even have my wife using it to manage the kids school events.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We use Google Docs....every computer is logged into a spreadsheet document with sections for jobs in production, materials to order list, install list, etc. Works pretty good. Everyone can update in real time, check off completed jobs, add notes, etc.

J

john1

Signvox, problems solved.

But but it's $129 a month...Yeah and it WORKS

rjssigns

Put in cameras. Sounds like you are on a slacker hunt.
I know of a business near me that has the foremen on patrol looking to cut waste. They are recording trips to the bathroom, drinking fountain, etc... Even shut the tool crib until 11a.m. everyday as it was a spot the slackers would go to BS and it still looked like they were doing something.
They also implemented time studies. They have their best guy do a job a couple times and average that time. Then the rest have to make that time within a couple minutes or....

signswi

Put in cameras. Sounds like you are on a slacker hunt.
I know of a business near me that has the foremen on patrol looking to cut waste. They are recording trips to the bathroom, drinking fountain, etc... Even shut the tool crib until 11a.m. everyday as it was a spot the slackers would go to BS and it still looked like they were doing something.
They also implemented time studies. They have their best guy do a job a couple times and average that time. Then the rest have to make that time within a couple minutes or....

And this, kids, is why you should go to college and get a white collar job. Humans aren't robots.

Also seriously just go demo signvox, $129/month is like one less (small!) job screwed up due to paper shuffle. Will pay for itself immediately.