• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Forms VS Electronic

themadsigntist

We have been trying to come up with some forms to help with the everyday operation of the business and to help cover our A$% a little more. I have a question for those that use forms. I have seen several, what I would call Art Approval/print approval forms on these boards and I was wondering in the age of email, how do you get them to sign these without making them make a special trip to your office to sign it? Do you just accept the email as your approval?

neil_se

Approval through Signvox is our preferred method, but failing that (eg. if their server blocks SV emails) we accept an email.

Zx360

We accept email approvals but have stopped taking approval over the phone. We actually request them to email us if they call in to approve. Just so we have something on paper. Once an email ok is sent, we print it out and staple it to the job ticket so we have it.

WildWestDesigns

We have been trying to come up with some forms to help with the everyday operation of the business and to help cover our A$% a little more. I have a question for those that use forms. I have seen several, what I would call Art Approval/print approval forms on these boards and I was wondering in the age of email, how do you get them to sign these without making them make a special trip to your office to sign it? Do you just accept the email as your approval?

If worse comes to worse, if you are worried about the legitimacy of email approvals, send a pdf approval sheet, print it, sign it, scan it, email it back. Worse case scenario do it that way.

If you use an email as an approval system (which is what we do for the most part), you just need to make sure that you mention all the little caveats in that email or that they are somewhere in that email that the customer can see. Some sections actually have to be signed right next to the clause (repo clauses here especially (they don't like the term "emergency repairs", you actually have to use the correct terminology for it to be valid).

Just make sure what can or can't be covered when using an email system for authorization purposes in your jurisdiction.