• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Formula 1

204SignGuy

Assistant to the Regional Manager
The sad thing is they would've gotten away with it if not for George's puncture. He probably still could've won.

Chriswagner92

The sad thing is they would've gotten away with it if not for George's puncture. He probably still could've won.

I kind of hope Hamilton doesn't return for the next race, the kid deserves another shot. It's going to be a painfully long wait until the 2021 season starts.

binki

I record them and watch it. Pretty exciting starts and some finishes but once someone gets ahead it is pretty much over. As you mentioned, the last 2 weeks had some extras. There was also a race that both Mercedes cars had tire failures at the end with one of them finishing with only 3 tires in first with some drama right before that with the 2nd place car pitting for tires as a gamble and it didn't pay off.

I would guess from that crash that cut the HAAS car in half the barriers will be required to be solid and not have gaps in them.

204SignGuy

I record them and watch it. Pretty exciting starts and some finishes but once someone gets ahead it is pretty much over. As you mentioned, the last 2 weeks had some extras. There was also a race that both Mercedes cars had tire failures at the end with one of them finishing with only 3 tires in first with some drama right before that with the 2nd place car pitting for tires as a gamble and it didn't pay off.

I would guess from that crash that cut the HAAS car in half the barriers will be required to be solid and not have gaps in them.

I believe that was one of the Austrian Grand Prix this year, where Lewis won on three tires. F1 would be much more enjoyable if he would retire already.

Chriswagner92

I believe that was one of the Austrian Grand Prix this year, where Lewis won on three tires. F1 would be much more enjoyable if he would retire already.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Lewis has the talent and isn't just winning because he is in the Mercedes, he was brilliant from the start and continues to show his skill. I want to see him driving and winning as long as he can to see just how much he can beat Schumachers records. I think it gives the rest of the field a target to hit. The 2022 rule changes should have interesting effects of levelling the field.

Jeff Koz

a shame for Russell for sure..but i did not think Mercedes really needed to pit...then a little arrogance perhaps to needlessly double stack?..very happy for Perez even tho he got the podium under weird circumstances

204SignGuy

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Lewis has the talent and isn't just winning because he is in the Mercedes, he was brilliant from the start and continues to show his skill. I want to see him driving and winning as long as he can to see just how much he can beat Schumachers records. I think it gives the rest of the field a target to hit. The 2022 rule changes should have interesting effects of levelling the field.

I agree, Lewis Hamilton is one of the most talented drivers to ever step foot on the grid. Can't argue that. However, all of his championships have happened to be in the best cars on the grid, his McLaren season included. We'll see in 2022 how things shake up, but Ferrari's season this year really shows how much of a difference the car can make, watching LeClerc go from two wins last year, to barely being able to get on a podium this year. Vettel is another story, maybe he's on the decline, so I'm not using him as an example.

unclebun

a shame for Russell for sure..but i did not think Mercedes really needed to pit...then a little arrogance perhaps to needlessly double stack?..very happy for Perez even tho he got the podium under weird circumstances
Bottas's lack of performance on that final restart using the old hard compound tires illustrated why they went for the tire change on the safety car. With the used hards, once they've cooled it's almost impossible to get them back up to temperature.