• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fort McMurray Fire

Thinking of my colleagues in Fort Mac who have been evacuated due to the fire that is destroying their town. Hope that you have found a safe place to stay and will have a home to return to. To anyone who wants to donate, please consider the Red Cross (Canadian version). Anything will help these people who have lost everything!!!

reQ

Yeah, its terrible whats happening there. We had huge wildfires problem last summer in Saskatchewan also. Temperatures here are +28 / +32 and its abnormal for Saskatchewan & everything is dry, no rain. Fire Prevention Centre is my customers & they say it might be worse compared to last year.

Thinking of my colleagues in Fort Mac who have been evacuated due to the fire that is destroying their town. Hope that you have found a safe place to stay and will have a home to return to. To anyone who wants to donate, please consider the Red Cross (Canadian version). Anything will help these people who have lost everything!!!

has there been any more updates, is it getting under control.

TXFB.INS

was watching the news, :covereyes::noway: its SCARY what is going on right now with the fire and all that it is affecting.

is there any news of animals and the like

was watching the news, :covereyes::noway: its SCARY what is going on right now with the fire and all that it is affecting.

is there any news of animals and the like
They are trying to get some of the animals left behind out but are not sure if they are okay. A local airline has been flying out people with their pets who evacuated to the north. Also the local animal shelters have been collecting kennels too. It would be so heartbreaking to lose your pet as well as everything you owned. One of the local sign shops has been selling #Alberta Strong bumper stickers and donating the proceeds to the Red Cross.

reQ

Most disgusting part is, that WestJet was flying people away for free, while CanadaAir bumped ticket prices from $200 to $699 to get out from Fort Mac area.

TimToad

Most disgusting part is, that WestJet was flying people away for free, while CanadaAir bumped ticket prices from $200 to $699 to get out from Fort Mac area.

You'd think the oil execs would just offer their Lear jets. Don't they care about their employees? I'm sure all of the execs are all safely tucked in at home down in Houston or Dallas.