• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Foster Keencut SteelTrak Anyone have? Anyone recommend?

Here is Youtube video.

[video=youtube;PaMShjYnJns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaMShjYnJns[/video]

Looks pretty awesome, but with a 3,200 price tag it better be.

We have been using various saws which leave a nasty edge and make a huge mess. Also, there is about to be a mutiny if I keep cutting outside on the break table..."Wah aluminum is stuck in my arm..."

Last edited by a moderator:

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
They do make attachments for aluminum and also a V-Groove cutting tool. They are acutally having a price increase at the end of the month. What size are you looking for, I could get you a quote.

CanuckSigns

we also have one, bought a used demo unit. It works awesome, no more mess!

it used to take 2 people on the table saw to break down 4x8 sheets of dibond, now it's a 1 person job and no de-burring is needed on the edges.

jokingscroll

I have the 82" inch steeltrak and the Excalibur 5000. I love both of them. The steeltrak had a few kinks I had to work out but still a very good cutter. I would get the 82" if you are going to buy one.

bigben

:thread

I would love to have one, but I cut alot of sheets on the 8ft size. For example, taking a 48inx96in and cut it in four 12inX96in. And I don't think it could cut ploycarbonate (lexan). Is there a solution for this?

Skye

Love

We had a terryfletcher and now have the keen. Will never go back. Much better for alupanel and easier.
Skye

neil_se

We've had one for 4 years and it worked great at first, but stopped functioning well after about a year. As the pads behind the clamping bar loose grip, you have to push on the handle more to keep the sheet in position. Over time this actually bends the uprights, so the V-groove bit is set to the perfect depth at the top of the sheet, it'll cut too deep or all the way through in the middle, then not deep enough at the bottom. Also, if you're cutting small panels into 2, the left hand sheet 'curls' out of the head and with ACP, it stays bent. We didn't find the acrylic bit much use, we just use a laminate trimmer by hand or precut the sheets with a CNC router.

About 18 months ago we bought a basic 1320mm treadle/manual sheet metal guillotine for 1/3 the price and much prefer it for ACP, the Keencut is used for corflute and foam PVC only.

Speedsterbeast

Did a lot of research myself. Looked at them all down in Vegas at the ISA show. Going with a Sawtrax. For the same money as the others you can have an acm attachment (no dust) plus have the option of saw cutting numerous other materials.